IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

Äääääh, not sure if it's a problem with my computer or if it's a thing depending on the forum update. I saw in some of my older entries, that alot of my posted pictures can not be seen anymore and that file-attachements which i posted, like for example the "202 PAL60 ROM" compilation in the PAL60 thread are gone. I dont see these attachements anymore. Also in "content i posted in" i can only see entries from the last days, all my older entries i can not see there anymore. Strange. Or is the update-process not completed at the moment, i have not read the whole thread here today, therefore i am asking?

Edited by AW127

2 hours ago, AW127 said:

Äääääh, not sure if it's a problem with my computer or if it's a thing depending on the forum update. I saw in some of my older entries, that alot of my posted pictures can not be seen anymore and that file-attachements which i posted, like for example the "202 PAL60 ROM" compilation in the PAL60 thread are gone. I dont see these attachements anymore. Also in "content i posted in" i can only see entries from the last days, all my older entries i can not see there anymore. Strange. Or is the update-process not completed at the moment, i have not read the whole thread here today, therefore i am asking?

last we know, it's still rebuilding.... have you clicked your name and selected you attachments? After all of your attachments and gallery pictures show they will appear back in your posts...

2 hours ago, AW127 said:

Answer:

19 hours ago, Albert said:

All missing post content (images, attachments, quote boxes, etc.) will return as post content is rebuilt.  Not sure how long exactly this is going to take.  I filed a support ticket with Invision last night to ask them to investigate speeding this up, as it's taking longer than it should.  But it will all be back once the process is complete.  I know it's annoying right now, and trust me, it's probably more annoying for me than anyone else!

..Al

There is also a Questions and Answers forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@Al The thumb size of images displayed in the forums seems to have been increased quite a lot. This makes loading and browsing threads with such pictures slower with much more scrolling involved. Will this stay as it is now?

I can adjust these, I have to go look at the settings on the old forum and change the new forum to the same thumbnail sizes. 

..Al

7 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Anyway, it seems weirdly random. It did the same thing here, too: https://atariage.com/forums/blogs/entry/14686-421-minutes/ – just showing one of them. Limitation? Bug? Feature?

Glad you're seeing your Blog entries getting rebuilt. When it's all said and done, if there are still issues I can help you manually rebuild anything that's still not quite right. 

..Al

Whoot, posts are finally being rebuilt.. 

image.png

And there are MANY more tasks after what's shown here (the list is fairly long).  But the "Rebuilding Posts" task will take the longest, since it has to churn through over 4 million posts. :D  Most of the other tasks will go quickly. I believe posts are processed in reverse chronological order, so anything recent will be processed first. 

..Al

• Like 7

There is no categories functionality built into the Blogs application at the moment.  However, Invision is going to add them in, as there was a recent discussion on their forum and this was the top request from members..

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 8.37.04 AM.png

I believe I used a third-party modification to add categories to blogs in the past, and I had completely forgotten about that.  I'll see if it's been migrated to this version of the software.

..Al

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rybags said:

I can't believe it took me this long to notice... but I take it animated Avatars have been disabled?

I don't see anything in settings about preventing animated profile photos.  But they may not have been rebuilt yet, so I have to wait until those background tasks are complete and if they are still not animated, I can then take a look into what's going on. 

..Al

By no means should this be a high priority if the answer is no, but are likes on older posts going to be migrated to the new reactions?  Ultimately it doesn't really matter, but scrolling through older posts suddenly seems a lot less "friendly". :)

3 minutes ago, FujiSkunk said:

By no means should this be a high priority if the answer is no, but are likes on older posts going to be migrated to the new reactions?  Ultimately it doesn't really matter, but scrolling through older posts suddenly seems a lot less "friendly". :)

I've been told they will be carried over. 

..Al

Quick comment on likes. Is there any way for the icon specifically for the "like" reaction to be changed from the current heart icon to, say, a thumbs up? It's great to have access to a full slate of emojis for use within our posts, and I like the additional reactions available (like, thanks, haha, confused, sad) but a thumbs up seems more appropriate than a heart, no? I never liked Instagram's heart icon for "likes" either. Ok, I'm going to stop saying like now...

• Like 3