IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

2 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Quick comment on likes. Is there any way for the icon specifically for the "like" reaction to be changed from the current heart icon to, say, a thumbs up? It's great to have access to a full slate of emojis for use within our posts, and I like the additional reactions available (like, thanks, haha, confused, sad) but a thumbs up seems more appropriate than a heart, no? I never liked Instagram's heart icon for "likes" either. Ok, I'm going to stop saying like now...

It certainly could be, but someone would have to draw me a nice "Thumbs Up" icon that falls in line with the other icons and isn't a direct ripoff of Facebook's icon..

..Al

Just now, Albert said:

It certainly could be, but someone would have to draw me a nice "Thumbs Up" icon that falls in line with the other icons and isn't a direct ripoff of Facebook's icon..

..Al

That's cool. Calling all graphic designers! I am most certainly not one. Who's up to the task?!

1 minute ago, sixersfan105 said:

Quick comment on likes. Is there any way for the icon specifically for the "like" reaction to be changed from the current heart icon to, say, a thumbs up? It's great to have access to a full slate of emojis for use within our posts, and I like the additional reactions available (like, thanks, haha, confused, sad) but a thumbs up seems more appropriate than a heart, no? I never liked Instagram's heart icon for "likes" either. Ok, I'm going to stop saying like now...

Yeah, to me the heart symbol means love. I might like a post, or want to thank somebody for a post, or laugh at a post, but love is too much of a commitment. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

On my user profile, I noticed some of the customizations are gone, such as cover photos. I had a spiral Galaxy there before, now it's just some random polygons.

It's possible the cover photos will be restored, but I won't know until the background processing is complete. If not, then you'll need to add it back to your profile.  If you need the image, I may be able to pull it from the old forum. 

..Al

Take a look at this:

https://pixabay.com/illustrations/icon-symbol-sign-like-flat-icon-3547917/

thumbsup_pixabay.jpg.2db7374805d4672db387aa20331cd19c.jpg

It's free for commercial use and no attribution required. If you don't like that, here's my adapted version:

thumbsup_rt.png.3412269c014600e647aa4c2d078e3911.png

thumbsup_rt_flipped.png.ab1f414602b676350ef2fbae095b13bb.png

Somebody probably posted something better while I was Googling and farting around.

• Like 3

Well, that is interesting.  New download links show up in a nice blue box with an icon and the name/meta information.  I was playing around with that yesterday, and made the text for those white against the blue box (they were originally in a white box, and somewhat subtle).  Looks like the same CSS is being used here for the title/meta information, but without the box.  It's possible that when everything is rebuilt they will be displayed consistently, but for now I may need to back out my other CSS changes for the download attachments. 

Thanks for pointing this out. 

..Al

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VectorGamer said:

I was wondering why the hell everybody is viewing my profile. Is it now because of the way status updates are handled with clicking on the update to read the entire message and respond?

That's probably part of it, at least. 

..Al

7 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

I like it! Thanks for making that. For those that can't open .ico files and are curious about --- Ω ---'s handiwork, here's a jpg of it (albeit not as crisp as the .ico that he made)...

thumbs up1.jpg

Actually it's not my handiwork, so I cannot take credit for it.  I believed at the time of posting is was public domain, but may still be usable for free.  If not, I could end up making one.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:21 AM, Albert said:

Taptalk was working until the forum upgrade.  I have to do some research on the current version of Tapatalk before I consider reinstalling it here.

..Al

+1 for Tapatalk. I primarily browse on my iPhone or iPad and its a superior experience just for the ability to set text size etc for a smaller screen.

Here are 3 things about status updates to check on later when you have more time:

1. Before the update, when a person made a new status update, if a status update by that same person was already on the main page, the old one would be removed from the main page and the new one would be displayed at the top. Now if a person updates their status update multiple times in one day, the old ones will take up space on the main page.

2. Links should work on the main page, not just on profile pages (full links and text that has been turned into a link).

3. Speaking of profile pages, are we stuck replying to status updates on profile pages or will a 3rd party hack allow us to reply on the main page and on a status update page, like before the update.
  • Like 1