IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

6 minutes ago, RevEng said:

Not being argumentative, but having to type your pre-quote text below the quote, and then drag the quote below your text... is a bit clunky.

A minor point. and the other features sound good!

I almost always type my responses to quoted text below the quote box, which I also imagine most other people do as well. So having to move that initial quote box is not something that I need to do often.  Having said that, I would prefer if you could get the cursor above that first quote box and then start typing directly above it.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I did notice the highlight and quote popup before and I think it's awesome. But now with your explanation about the quotes, I'm able to drag and drop quote boxes all over the place.. so I get it now. :lol:   

I do notice the behavior is the same on the bottom as it is at the top, i.e. If you drag a quote to the bottom you'll not be able to type below it also. So as you said, you have to type your text, then drag the quote box back above it. Not too hard, but yes, it's new and probably has to be learned by a bunch of us. 

See, I can't type below this quote.. so  I would need to drag it up to get around it. This isn't a complaint, but just pointing it out. :)

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

I almost always type my responses to quoted text below the quote box, which I also imagine most other people do as well. So having to move that initial quote box is not something that I need to do often.  Having said that, I would prefer if you could get the cursor above that first quote box and then start typing directly above it.

You guys rock!  I'm slowly getting used to the new forum.  Still waiting for the search index to be rebuilt but I have managed to do some minor searching.  Enough to make my way around.  I'll miss the multiple page options when viewing all new content.  I used to split each page into multiple tabs so that I would have a "snapshot" of posts at that moment and then could browse at my convenience.

Also it was nice when I could chose to either go to last read post or last post.  I also kinda miss the page number count where you could select a page.  But I'll survive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

You guys rock!  I'm slowly getting used to the new forum.  Still waiting for the search index to be rebuilt but I have managed to do some minor searching.  Enough to make my way around.  I'll miss the multiple page options when viewing all new content.  I used to split each page into multiple tabs so that I would have a "snapshot" of posts at that moment and then could browse at my convenience.

Also it was nice when I could chose to either go to last read post or last post.  I also kinda miss the page number count where you could select a page.  But I'll survive.

I have hardly been on since the upgrade but I really liked the view new content and the way it was set up. You could see multiple threads without scrolling. And as you said, the page numbers .

Looks like the batari Basic forum hasn't received a plunk from the magic twanger that causes unlimited editing.

On another subject, when I go to edit a reply of mine in any thread, I get the choices of Cancel and Save. If I create a topic and go to edit that first post, my choices are Cancel and Edit Topic. If I click on Edit Topic, I get this error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

Looks like the batari Basic forum hasn't received a plunk from the magic twanger that causes unlimited editing.

On another subject, when I go to edit a reply of mine in any thread, I get the choices of Cancel and Save. If I create a topic and go to edit that first post, my choices are Cancel and Edit Topic. If I click on Edit Topic, I get this error message:

Yes, there were two issues with the Indefinite Post Editing plugins. I have updated copies of them I'll be installing this morning to see if the issues are fixed.

..Al

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

@mr_me -- What kind of phone are you using?  I was able to easily delete quotes on my iPhone by placing the cursor after the quote and then hitting backspace.  I was able to do this several times (add quote, delete quote with backspace) without any issues.

..Al

Galaxy S4 running android 4.4, tested a couple of browsers including chrome.

Edit: After some more testing I found that the problem happens when using the Gboard keyboard.  I switched to the default samsung keyboard and I can delete quotes.  So I have a workaround now.

--------------

Another complaint is that when I login, it takes me away from whatever page I'm on to the home page.  When I logout it stays on the current page.  The old system behaviour was the opposite.  In both systems I can work around it, so not a big problem.  And it might not be something that's adjustable.

Edited by mr_me

Now I see what people meant by the need to drag...

11 hours ago, Albert said:

..Al

Because I will quite often type a reply to the main thread as a general comment, and then address a specific point that's in the quote as well, in the same post ;)

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Edit: After some more testing I found that the problem happens when using the Gboard keyboard.  I switched to the default samsung keyboard and I can delete quotes.  So I have a workaround now.

That is interesting.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Another complaint is that when I login, it takes me away from whatever page I'm on to the home page.  When I logout it stays on the current page.  The old system behaviour was the opposite.  In both systems I can work around it, so not a big problem.  And it might not be something that's adjustable.

I'll have to see if that happens with me as well, I didn't think it was doing that but I could be wrong! 

..Al

^ I got one of those, too.  It first appeared for me over the weekend, and I figured it was a result of the ongoing re-indexing.  I could almost see that process continuing, too; as I'd revisit my profile page, I noticed that the date would change to a succession of more recent dates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karl G said:

Oh, and speaking of reputation, I understand that different reactions can carry different reputation values. Has this been implemented?

Yes, but I am simply using the defaults at this time.  Which are:

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 8.07.13 PM.png

The Like, Thanks, and Haha reactions add one point to your reputation.  The other two are neutral.  I'm not going to add a reaction that subtracts points, so please nobody ask.  These can be completely customized, including the icons, and more can be added, although I don't want to make it more complex than it already is. 

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2