IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

1. Unlikely to change.
  2. I've already made a feature request to Invision that Status Update links should work properly in the Recent Status Updates sidebar (and related, that links should work properly in the Activity feeds).
  3. Probably unlikely, although I will request that they restore much of the previous sidebar Status Update functionality.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Albert said:
  1. Unlikely to change.
  2. I've already made a feature request to Invision that Status Update links should work properly in the Recent Status Updates sidebar (and related, that links should work properly in the Activity feeds).
  3. Probably unlikely, although I will request that they restore much of the previous sidebar Status Update functionality.

..Al

Thanks. Also looks like fancy new additions such as Bold do not work on the main page.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread.. but a few tidbits, comments and observations.

I switched to the Deflection Dark scheme and I noticed the main "forums" page now displays properly.  So apparently the problem only exists with the AtariAge Theme.

That issue only exists on my work machine IE 11.  Windows 7.  At home IE11, Windows 7 the main "forums" page looks fine.  Both setups, however still do not display the icons in the editor window.. :(  Google Chrome displays everything fine.  So I'm not sure why the weird screen stretching affects my machine at work.

Hopefully the thread index rebuild will turn out ok.   Earlier today I had to manually dig through the forums to find a thread I posted in so I could provide an update of important information.

I've been experimenting with the "Content I posted In" features but it's hard to come to a verdict until the conversion is complete.  However I did notice when clicking on the drop downs that in the Deflection Dark scheme that I'm using now it's easier to see which features I have "activated" and which are not (bolded?).  On the Atari age theme I could no differentiate so I could not tell what I had them set for.

That's it for now and thank you Albert for all your hard work on getting the forum's back up to speed!  :D

• Like 1

Here's a question about linking to posts. If I click on the "Share this post" icon (sideways V with three testicles dangling off it), I get the following "do=findComment" style of link:

atariage.com/forums/topic/123849-visual-bb-10-a-new-ide-for-batari-basic/?do=findComment&comment=3537039

If I use the link, it converts to this "page/#/?tab=comments" style:

atariage.com/forums/topic/123849-visual-bb-10-a-new-ide-for-batari-basic/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-3537039

Which style of link is the one I should use when linking from my web site to posts at AtariAge? In other words, which is less of a strain on AtariAge?

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, ApolloBoy said:

Is it just me or can I not quickly jump to the last page in a thread? When I open a thread it takes me to the first page, and then I have to type in the page number that I'm looking for. Seriously annoying.

If you just want to go to the end of the thread, there should be a >> in the header you can click.  But I suspect what you actually want is a way to go to the last unread post.  There's a thread in the Q&A section laying out a few ways to do so.

1. in the old forum version email notifications contained the body of the post/pm which was useful, would it be possible to reenable it?

2. could be just me/my browser but there's some weirdnes happening when copying text from PM to clipboard (haven't tried posts), there are some non printable characters randomly inserted from time to time into the copied text, it goes away when i disable javascript (so that "quote selection" functionality doesn't work)

11 minutes ago, Shannon said:

ok.  I must be going crazy.  I cannot figure out how to get to my PM's with other members.  I know it used to be easier than it currently is.. 

On my PC, there is a speech balloon icon next to the icon that looks like the world at the top right of the page. If I click on it, it shows PMs in a little box and I can click on "Go to inbox" that takes me here:

atariage.com/forums/messenger/

On a phone, you have to click on the icon that looks like 3 lines at the top right of the page, then click on the speech balloon icon, then you can click on "Go to inbox."

3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

One thing I'm not a fan of at all is the fuzzy dates and times - the times especially.

ie, rather than "Posted 6 hours ago" I'd much rather see "Posted at 4:13 pm" and rather than "yesterday" I'd prefer the absolute date.

So if somebody posts at 4:13 pm your time, but a different time for them, it would say 4:13 pm for you, but for them, it would show a different time. I guess the forum software would have to know the correct time for every viewer of the forums, even guests that aren't signed in.

Yeah, the forum software is smart enough to do the absolute date/time based on your personally set timezone - although I believe the old version gets it wrong when a post is quoted.

I think it either uses the "server" time or the timezone of the quoted user in that case.  I just checked this one - it seems to use fuzzy time for recent quotes but only quotes the date for older ones.

First of all, I like the new software and am optimistic about it once everything gets settled. 

One question for now -- is it possible to ignore whole forums (and associated subforums) when using the "unread" function? I know we can ignore individual threads, but can we ignore anything posted in the, say, Apple or TI forums when browsing unread posts?

14 minutes ago, boxpressed said:

One question for now -- is it possible to ignore whole forums (and associated subforums) when using the "unread" function? I know we can ignore individual threads, but can we ignore anything posted in the, say, Apple or TI forums when browsing unread posts?

You mean like this?

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9218-ignore-forums/

5 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Albert buys it. I suppose he would take your money, though!

For $15, it's worth it to not see hundreds of posts threads I'd never be able to contribute to.

We could set up a "this feature donated by" thread. Kind of like selling engraved bricks along the riverwalk.

• Thanks 1