IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

I'll look into the date/time formatting issues, since I was under the impression that local formatting would be used (but I could be wrong).  I cannot change the relative dates, apparently there is quite a bit of logic behind that and the absolute dates.  I'm not going to dive into the code to try and change it.  As someone pointed out, you can hover over a relative date and it will show you the local time/date.  I will post in their feedback forum to make this available as an option, but I suspect if they've resisted doing this for four years (this software came out in 2015), they're not going to change it now.

..Al

1 minute ago, Albert said:

I will post in their feedback forum to make this available as an option, but I suspect if they've resisted doing this for four years (this software came out in 2015), they're not going to change it now.

Like I said above, no biggie. Though most other international forums I visit allow defining the date time format. Weird.

And funny how extremely different personal preferences are. ?

1 minute ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Like I said above, no biggie. Though most other international forums I visit allow defining the date time format. Weird.

And funny how extremely different personal preferences are. ?

I'll find out more about it as I have time.

Don't know if there's been a previous comment on this, 21 pages & I don't have time before I leave to read through every last one :( sorry.

Is there a check mark or switch somewhere so  that a subscribed thread doesn't send me an email for every single response (not referring to changing it to once a day or such?)  Before, I would get an e-mail on a post, then no more from that thread (even if 20 more posts occur,) until I've visited the thread again.  Resetting the subscription.  It's not really a major problem, it's just a minor bother is all.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Pheonix said:

Is there a check mark or switch somewhere so  that a subscribed thread doesn't send me an email for every single response (not referring to changing it to once a day or such?)  Before, I would get an e-mail on a post, then no more from that thread (even if 20 more posts occur,) until I've visited the thread again.  Resetting the subscription.  It's not really a major problem, it's just a minor bother is all.

Yes, go into your notification settings (click on the Notifications icon, then "Notification Settings").  Look for this: 

image.png

I haven't tried this yet, but it should be what you're looking for. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lord Helmet said:

+1 for Tapatalk. I primarily browse on my iPhone or iPad and its a superior experience just for the ability to set text size etc for a smaller screen.

Count me as another Tapatalk user.  It would be disappointing for Tapatalk to no longer be supported here, but it would save me the 99 cents a month that I currently pay to Tapatalk for ad free browsing.

3 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Count me as another Tapatalk user.  It would be disappointing for Tapatalk to no longer be supported here, but it would save me the 99 cents a month that I currently pay to Tapatalk for ad free browsing.

I like Tapatalk in that it's a pretty fast way to browse and post on forums (and I've used it on several forums, including AtariAge).  However, I'm less than impressed with some of their design decisions as well as buggy releases.  Will definitely spend some time looking at it before I decide to install it here or not. 

..Al

The Indefinite Post Editing plugin has been completed and installed.  Any posts that I previously granted "indefinite editing" rights to should now be honored again.  And as before, if you need permission to edit a particular post, please let me know and I or another mod can do that for you.  It's easier for us to toggle as well. 

Still waiting on the other half of this, which is giving certain forums the ability to allow any authors to edit their posts indefinitely (like the programming and marketplace subforums).  I should have this soon. 

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 42bs said:

Email notification does not work correctly, just empty emails.

Can you be more specific?  What was the subject of the email?  if you look at the raw message source, what's in there (screenshots would be helpful)?

Thanks,

..Al

Looks like the Indefinite Post Editing plugin worked on one of mine but not another:

Worked (Can Edit): https://atariage.com/forums/topic/291293-stella-12-hour-gaming-marathon-fundraiser33/

Didn't work (Can't Edit): https://atariage.com/forums/topic/276956-zeropage-homebrew-twitch-stream/

1 hour ago, Albert said:

The Indefinite Post Editing plugin has been completed and installed.  Any posts that I previously granted "indefinite editing" rights to should now be honored again.  And as before, if you need permission to edit a particular post, please let me know and I or another mod can do that for you.  It's easier for us to toggle as well.

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew

This is because the Homebrew Discussion forum is one of those were the "indefinite editing" flag was set, so any posts in that forum could be edited by their authors.  However, this piece of the puzzle hasn't yet been implemented, although I should have it soon.  In the meantime, I've given you permission to edit the first post in the second thread you linked. 

..Al

• Like 1

Ahhh!! Makes sense now, thanks for the manual fix Al! You're the best!

Just now, Albert said:

This is because the Homebrew Discussion forum is one of those were the "indefinite editing" flag was set, so any posts in that forum could be edited by their authors.  However, this piece of the puzzle hasn't yet been implemented, although I should have it soon.  In the meantime, I've given you permission to edit the first post in the second thread you linked. 

..Al

Just now, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Ahhh!! Makes sense now, thanks for the manual fix Al! You're the best!

No problem, it is a bit confusing and is a somewhat unique situation on this forum.  Wouldn't have been necessary to do all this if people didn't abuse (repeatedly) the post edit functionality.  I think most sites these days only allow you too edit a post/comment for a short period of time to correct any initial issues with the post (such as spelling errors).  After that, it's fixed in stone.  That's not terribly flexible, though, and I wanted to give people the ability to edit posts where it's reasonable to do so. 

..Al

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sargon said:

Did you ever check what they will do with your data? 

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Yes, go into your notification settings (click on the Notifications icon, then "Notification Settings").  Look for this: 

image.png

I haven't tried this yet, but it should be what you're looking for. 

..Al

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.  If it doesn't work, then I would need to go elsewhere (probably) & report it as a bug.  I was on that page too, when I was doing my own search for the answer.  I just missed it for some reason.  It's rather clear and easy to spot too.  Need to have my eyes checked I guess. :(

1 minute ago, Pheonix said:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.  If it doesn't work, then I would need to go elsewhere (probably) & report it as a bug.  I was on that page too, when I was doing my own search for the answer.  I just missed it for some reason.  It's rather clear and easy to spot too.  Need to have my eyes checked I guess. :(

Please let me know.  I imagine it'll work fine.  And there are a fair number of settings on that page, so understandable if you missed it.  ?

..Al