IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

I've installed an Indefinite Editing in Forums plugin that will now allow users to edit their posts in any of the forums marked as such.  This includes the various Marketplace forums, as well as any Programming forums.  If you notice you're not able to edit your posts in those forums, please let me know and I can investigate. 

Enjoy!

..Al

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, FujiSkunk said:

Will it be policy again to allow indefinite editing to all posts by subscribers?

This was never the policy.  Subscribers can edit their posts for 30 days, whereas regular members can edit their posts for 60 minutes.  Mods and admins can give individual users the ability to edit any specific posts, though.  And there's a slew of forums where you can edit any of your posts indefinitely (such as the marketplace, programming and high score forums).

..Al

@flashjazzcat -- What Thomas suggested unfortunately does not work for PM conversations. I've already brought this and several other Messenger shortcomings to invision's attention and have been told they are internally discussing improvements to the Messenger. I'm going to bring up your request as another example of why it's useful to be able to search inside a conversation. 

..Al

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

@flashjazzcat -- What Thomas suggested unfortunately does not work for PM conversations. I've already brought this and several other Messenger shortcomings to invision's attention and have been told they are internally discussing improvements to the Messenger. I'm going to bring up your request as another example of why it's useful to be able to search inside a conversation. 

Yes... I discovered this just now when I tried it out. :) Thanks in advance!

While in the forums, clicking on the AA logo at the top left of the page goes to the main forum page instead of the main page for the web site. Before the change, I used to click on the AA logo whenever I needed to go to the main page of the web site.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I found that the search function on the non forum section of the AtariAge website has been broken since the forum upgrade took place last weekend.  When you search for a title it only will bring up the entire 20 page list of 2600 titles regardless of what title or system you used in the search criteria.

3 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I found that the search function on the non forum section of the AtariAge website has been broken since the forum upgrade took place last weekend.  When you search for a title it only will bring up the entire 20 page list of 2600 titles regardless of what title or system you used in the search criteria.

I'll be spending some time fixing broken pages on the main site over the next week. I had to rewrite all the pages on the main site as part of this entire server migration and that was a huge amount of work that I wasn't able to complete in time.  I'll get it all the broken bits (as well as pages that are currently missing) fixed soon.

..Al

• Thanks 1

I'm noticing very occasional oddness when composing text (not sure what triggers it) where sometimes the enter or backspace key or delete doesn't work.  I literally had it happen in a post just before this one where I had to mess around with the insert key toggle, highlight text with my mouse and retype. I am currently using Chrome browser. 

However as I type now in this particular post here, it's back to functioning normally. Not much help I know, but figured I'd mention it. 

Due to the change in editor to CKEditor, I have a few questions:

• Will previous editor options currently not available, fonts and indents in particular, eventually be available?
  • I can successfully paste formatted text from a word processor that uses fonts listed in the previous editor.
    • Is this because I have those fonts on my computer or are those fonts managed on the AA server?
    • If the latter, what fonts are available?
  • Can any HTML code be used?

...lee

14 hours ago, Albert said:

This was never the policy.  Subscribers can edit their posts for 30 days, whereas regular members can edit their posts for 60 minutes.  Mods and admins can give individual users the ability to edit any specific posts, though.  And there's a slew of forums where you can edit any of your posts indefinitely (such as the marketplace, programming and high score forums).

..Al

My bad, sorry.  I guess I never tried to edit anything that far back, except for my marketplace posts, of course.  Obviously I didn't need indefinite editing elsewhere anyway if I never noticed I didn't have it.  Carry on! :)

M

I like how we get a notification at the top of the screen without needing to refresh the page. For example, if I'm waiting for somebody to reply, I can do something else until I hear a bloop sound, then click on the AtariAge tab and post a reply. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert said:

By "internally discussing" improvements, I wonder if that means they sit around the lunch room and laugh at them?

Anyway, I'd wholeheartedly support searching in PMs. I've often been frustrated trying to find important posts in them.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, fiddlepaddle said:

Is it just me, or do posts no longer have identifying numbers? I always like knowing exactly how many comments came before...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292144-forum-upgrade-today-june-15th-please-read/?do=findComment&comment=4296161

Your post number was 4296161

it is found by right clicking the posted day / time located to the right of your' username, you can then copy/paste that into messages and set it by clicking the box that appears at the bottom of the message editor as either a picture or a link

You can also click the link icon on the tool bar, paste the link url there and name it what you wish to direct a person to Your post

You may label it with whatever text you wish!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess I was not really specific enough in my comment. I really meant I like seeing the post number when reading the post without digging it out.

It is nice to know (thank you) that each post is uniquely identified, that I can determine that number, and it can be accessed when editing a response. However, right clicking the post time does NOT do that on my computer...not sure why (linux? no javascript?).

2 minutes ago, fiddlepaddle said:

Well, I guess I was not really specific enough in my comment. I really meant I like seeing the post number when reading the post without digging it out.

Looks like he might have misread your post. The number for the second post in this thread is 4292614, not helpful if you want to know that it's the second post. I guess that's another 3rd party add on that Albert will have to buy. You'd think Invision would include something like that. Maybe we're lucky they included page numbers. :D