IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

To me the forum feels much slower than before too. Especially paging back and forth with the browser button is slower by a magnitude. I hope the caching settings can fix that. Currently it feels like heaps of Javascript have to be executed before displaying any content.

BTW: I had to reload the page and paste the text again, because the "Saving" button continued to be displayed. Probably related to the editor bug reported above.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Next bug: After posting, the editor is not cleared. Or is there a clear action hiding somewhere?

BTW: I almost forgot how to remove the quotes. IMO there too many things in the new forum which are hiding at secret place. Clearly a lot of design over function decisions. ?

That's a bug and Al has already noted this sort of thing and has taken steps to get some answers.

The editor can also get stuck while saving etc...

He is probably in the process of installing a bug tracker to herd all of the like, related, possibly similar issues together and whittle down on where the root causes lay.

Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by _The Doctor__

The post editor not clearing and leaving the Submit button in a "Saving..." state is a known issue. I know it will at least be partially addressed in 4.4.5 (we're on 4.4.4). And if it continues to happen after that, I'll make sure to file reports. 

As for performance, I have an open trouble ticket with Invision regarding slow performance in threads. Some threads are taking a long time to load each page. Most are fine. I have them the information they need to investigate. 

General performance will improve as I have time to tweak the server and make some configuration changes. I should also be able to get help from Invision when I encounter repeatable performance issues (especially if they are regarding specific page types and/or queries now that I am logging slow queries). 

Again, when everything is fine tuned this software should be faster then the old forum, for several reasons (faster server, new forum is considerably more optimized, much newer versions of PHP and MySQL that are also much faster, etc). I'm also going to update the database to MariaDB soon, and that should have a good impact on database queries. 

..Al

• Like 5

I get 032-1035 on my New 3ds and it won't load Atariage.

I can't find any informations on Nintendo assistant but I found this from users:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/87210/~/attempting-to-connect-to-local-wi-fi-error-(error-code-032-1035)

It's just too bad. Most pictures I upload are from N3DS. ☹️ ?

3 hours ago, Serguei2 said:

I get 032-1035 on my New 3ds and it won't load Atariage.

I can't find any informations on Nintendo assistant but I found this from users:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/87210/~/attempting-to-connect-to-local-wi-fi-error-(error-code-032-1035)

It's just too bad. Most pictures I upload are from N3DS. ☹️ ?

Here is a different explanation, that the browser in the 3DS doesn't accept the HTTPS certificate. It would make sense if that is the case for Wii and Wii U as well, if Nintendo have their own list of trusted certificates, but if the PS3 also is unable to connect, Sony is using the same list...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-032-1035-when-trying-to-access-gbatemp-on-3ds.527917/

55 minutes ago, NinjaWarrior said:

Looks Nice

Now on the PS3, 3DS & The Wii U, It say"Page Cannot Display"

40 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Here is a different explanation, that the browser in the 3DS doesn't accept the HTTPS certificate. It would make sense if that is the case for Wii and Wii U as well, if Nintendo have their own list of trusted certificates, but if the PS3 also is unable to connect, Sony is using the same list...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-032-1035-when-trying-to-access-gbatemp-on-3ds.527917/

PS3, Wii and Wii U are no longer supported by their manufacturers, I can understand that.

But N3DS still supported by Nintendo unless it was dropped recently.

Edited by Serguei2

Perhaps someone will come up with a solution, like if it is possible for the user to add own exceptions in the browser for trusted sites. If it really is so that Nintendo here has their own list of providers of HTTPS certificates, it might be hard to get around, and apparently many other sites have or still are affected by that error.

1 minute ago, Albert said:

What is this?

Another website. Nothing to do with Atariage.

Maybe I should quoted carlsson's thread sonner.

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Perhaps someone will come up with a solution, like if it is possible for the user to add own exceptions in the browser for trusted sites. If it really is so that Nintendo here has their own list of providers of HTTPS certificates, it might be hard to get around, and apparently many other sites have or still are affected by that error.

Attachment Icons are now visible when browsing forums, thanks to a custom plugin someone authored for me:

image.png

When you click on the paperclip icon:

image.png

You can click on the screenshot (if the attachment is an image) to view the screenshot, or the file icon to directly download the file.

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 10.53.05 AM.png

You can also open the paperclip link in a new window if you don't want to view them in a popup window.

Enjoy!

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

As an experiment, I posted in a thread and ignored it. It seems to be gone under All Activity and My Activity Streams at the top of the page and Topics on the right side, but replies are popping up under Notifications (the world icon) at the top of the page.

Looks like you also have to un-follow a thread if you have "Automatically follow content I reply to" turned on. Ignoring a topic does not un-follow a topic at this time. But even after un-following manually, replies are still popping up under Notifications (the world icon).

Summary: Ignoring and un-following a thread does not stop replies from popping up under Notifications (the world icon) at the top of the page.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, Albert said:

So, I just looked at Tapatalk, and they are charging $5/month if I want to use it without their annoying "Install our app now!" to anyone using the normal mobile forum skin, as well as disabling advertisements in general (not sure how many ads they show now, I don't remember seeing ads the last time I used Tapatalk some time ago).

image.png

That's $60 a year to add Tapatalk support without it being really annoying.  How badly do people want it?

..Al

Eh, I would still like to see it.  I have been on the fence about becoming an AA subscriber, and probably will at some point regardless, but I'd gladly kick in for a subscription if it will help get Tapatalk back. :)  If not, I certainly understand though.  I prefer browsing with Tapatalk, but I'm not sure it is important to enough people to pay that monthly fee.

I'm going to take a look at Tapatalk in the next few days and will likely cough up the $60 to install it without the annoying ads.  There are probably enough people using it for it to be worthwhile.  I should also have an updated version of the forum theme in a week or so, and that should address the major issues with the current mobile view.

..Al

• Like 1

In the old version, when you are within any given forum/subforum, for the listing of posts there was a little triangle that you can click on and it would preview the first post, the first unread post, and the last post.

Is this no longer available in this new version?

EDIT: Wow, I can see that if my mouse hovers over the thread title, it will pop-up a little window that has the first and last post.  Can the first unread post be added?

Edited by fdr4prez

Just added the Member Map application back to the forum.  Much nicer than the previous version.  Over 600 members have added their location, and fortunately that data was carried through to the new version:

https://atariage.com/forums/membermap/

There's a small version of the map in your profile, and you can get to the above view from there as well.  I'll be adding this to the "More" menu shortly.

..Al

15 hours ago, Sargon said:

Eh, I would still like to see it.  I have been on the fence about becoming an AA subscriber, and probably will at some point regardless, but I'd gladly kick in for a subscription if it will help get Tapatalk back. :)  If not, I certainly understand though.  I prefer browsing with Tapatalk, but I'm not sure it is important to enough people to pay that monthly fee.

I did some reading last night on Tapatalk.  They've definitely had some issues a few years ago, but sounds like they've hired someone to focus on security-related issues.  I'm going to install it and play around with it to see how well it works with the new software.  If I don't see any issues, I'll cough up the $5/month to enable it, as I know many people use Tapatalk for AtariAge and other forums, and at least the new version won't have the problem where it returned an error when submitting a topic (even though it did submit the topic, which resulted in people posting the topic multiple times in a row!) 

I'll post up here when I have it onilne.

..Al

• Like 1