IGNORED

Silver Bride (music cart for Atari 2600)

MemberAtarian

Instead of a game, I decided to make a music cart for the Atari 2600 this time, based of the ten years old song of Amorphis, Silver Bride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfoET8fLvg

This is where I'm now, done the instrumental part and the indicator. It's unexpanded system, no DPC+, so I have two channels, but I tried my best to mimic four. The lyrics will be played through the Kid Vid, so I think this will be the third ever made ROM for that device.

I have other ideas, because I have a lot of space left, so stay tuned. :)
https://youtu.be/l76vFF9hRPA

Silver_Bride_0.15NTSC.bas.bin Silver_Bride_0.15PAL60.bas.bin vocals2.wav

Edited by MemberAtarian
  • Like 5

Good job on the animated title screen!

You have many good ideas. 

I am another who used the title screen differently. 

In my “D.K. Arcade 2600” the “How high can you try” screen is the TitleScreen Kernel. (The game’s title screen is done with batari Basic.)

The monkey is drawn using flipping 2 graphics for 3 colors. 

More than one monkey uses the same graphics data (a tiny bit of added assembly). 

A variable “level” (1-4) already used in my game is passed from my bB game to the TitleScreen Kernel so it knows how many monkeys to draw. 

6 hours ago, iesposta said:

Good job on the animated title screen!

You have many good ideas. 

I am another who used the title screen differently. 

In my “D.K. Arcade 2600” the “How high can you try” screen is the TitleScreen Kernel. (The game’s title screen is done with batari Basic.)

The monkey is drawn using flipping 2 graphics for 3 colors. 

More than one monkey uses the same graphics data (a tiny bit of added assembly). 

A variable “level” (1-4) already used in my game is passed from my bB game to the TitleScreen Kernel so it knows how many monkeys to draw. 

Thank you. :) DK Arcade is one of the "how the hell did he do that??" kind of game, like a straight conversion to the VCS. :)
My problem was until now I did not know that with ASM you have to think of everything as a ROM address and it's value, so you can use it as an addressed database, which is kind of insane on the VCS (like playing WAVs).

In my next project, I want to do a fully animated dancing Dizzy for the title. :D

• 4 weeks later...