IGNORED

Dark skin

R0ger

For others who are looking for the dark theme, you can can click on the Theme link on the bottom, left corner of the page.  This will present a popup with the available themes (currently three, but likely to be more over time). 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 7.55.53 AM.png

4 minutes ago, R0ger said:

Ok, ignore please. I forgot it's called 'theme' these days ..

They were called themes with the old software as well, but I go back and forth between calling them "skins" and "themes".  :)

..Al

2 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

@Albert When I set the Deflection theme on my phone, because I like dark themes on my phone, it also changes the desktop theme to be dark.

Can there be a way added to have a theme set for mobile and a different theme set for desktop?

That would be a nice feature to have, and I can make a suggestion that Invision (or some third-party) add it in the future.  I'll also look to see if this is something that's already been suggested.

..Al

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Who makes the themes? Is there a theming team at Invision or something?

There are a variety of third-parties making skins professionally.  Dimension and Deflection were created by IPSFocus.  I hired the same individual to create the AtariAge theme here, and there have been several iterations back and forth already (before the upgrade).  I'm working on a list of changes based on feedback received thus far and other items I'd like to see changed.  Will hand that off to him in a few days once I can spend an hour or two going through everything again.  I've been making (relatively easy) changes myself in the meantime. 

..Al

• Like 2

I thought that might be the case but IPB is a commercial product not an open source community effort. I didn't know if there was an active community creating new assets or not.

I know lazy ass should just go and look!

1 minute ago, Mr Robot said:

I like the default theme, just wish it had a dark version. Deflection is a nice dark theme but doesn't have that AtariAge'ness of the default theme.

Hmm, it would be interesting to make a dark version of the AtariAge skin once it's in a more final state.  Not sure how that would look, though.. 

..Al

• Like 1

I thought that might be the case but IPB is a commercial product not an open source community effort. I didn't know if there was an active community creating new assets or not.

I know lazy ass should just go and look!

There is, in fact, there a TON of third-party apps, plugins, and themes for the forum.  There's a big marketplace on the Invision site where most of these are posted.  Most are paid, some are free.  I'll probably end up spending a few hundred dollars on such things.  I'm going to start installing third-party plugins and apps once the background conversion tasks are finished.  Plus I need to write some of my own.

..Al

14 minutes ago, Albert said:

Hmm, it would be interesting to make a dark version of the AtariAge skin once it's in a more final state.  Not sure how that would look, though.. 

..Al

You could probably get away with a new css and some graphical assets.

You could probably get away with a new css and some graphical assets.

It would be nearly all CSS, there are very few graphic elements at all in the forum -- they are either CSS (like buttons) or fonts (nearly all of the icons).  The CSS is the easy part, once you come up with a nice looking color scheme.  :D  And there are tons of elements and pages throughout the forum, so it's definitely not a trivial undertaking. 

..Al