IGNORED

XEL/XLD - Original Forum Threads

DrVenkman

To get things kicked off, here are @mytek's original forum threads where he announced and developed both of these amazing boards:

First, the original project, a mini-ATX 8-bit wonder:

1088XEL

Next, the current project, a re-imagined A8, coming soon to a disused 1050 case near you!

1088XLD

Third, Michael's own site, home to design details like schematics, PIC chip firmware, etc:

Ataribits

Fourth, general information and discussion on @flashjazzcat's incredible U1MB firmware, without which these boards simply cannot function (not an exaggeration!):

U1MB "Alternate" BIOS

Fifth, general discussion of MIDI on the A8 machines, via either stand-alone vintage MIDIMate interfaces, one of my Michael's SIO2MIDI boards, or through the 1088XLD's integrated MIDI interface:

MIDI on the A8 Platform

Tangentially-related, another link of interest:

Compatible Media for XEL-CF interfaces and SID2 Carts

If anyone else thinks of good links to try to collate into one easy-to-find thread, please feel free to post them in this thread. 

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

I sure could use a better translation of the following into English to update the posts on my MIDI page.

MIDI Pattern Editor

Original text file: MIDI Pattern Editor 2.3.txt

My feeble attempt: Midi_Pattern_Editor_manual.odt

MIDI Recorder

Original text file: MIDIREC.TXT

My feeble attempt: Midi_Recorder_manual.odt

Thanks for any assistance on translating these documents ;) .

It would be good to get this MIDI stuff better sorted out, since it's now an integral part of the XLD, and very easy to add to the XEL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...