IGNORED

New Evercade Handheld System

999galaxyB

On 8/22/2020 at 10:51 AM, wolfy62 said:

My Evercade premium pack arrived yesterday,awesome!

I have my good hand in a cast so its mostly useless to me.

My Son helped me open in up and put a cartridge in,which as everyone has said is the worst part,the cartridge fit. No way I can do that until I have two hands 

We turned the unit on and I love it!

The screen was bigger than I expected,great to look at it even at some tilted angles. This thing is a beautiful little piece of video gaming excellence. ?

My only regret upon review is that I didnt purchase a complete collectors pack with cartridges 1-10 because now I want to hunt down and purchase the rest of them at an extra cost to me of around $50. total over what you save by buying everything in the first place.

Bottom line,the system looks and plays fantastic(my son played many games with me watching,in 3 weeks that will be me playing) and the carts are still really inexpensive for the many games you get on them I will be thankful when I finally get them all.?

I imagine if someone hates the Evercade it was never the right purchase for them in the first place. 

So as for carts like the Oliver twins where I haven't played any of the games for $20. I am certain to get my money's and fun factors worth out of it for sure!

Is there somewhere you can actually get the ten cartridge collectors pack today? Thanks. I mean, maybe the uk, but shipping is an abomination these days. Any USA places?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Swami said:

Is there somewhere you can actually get the ten cartridge collectors pack today? Thanks. I mean, maybe the uk, but shipping is an abomination these days. Any USA places?

It is available from Funstock UK but as you said shipping appears to be around $30. US dollars. Ouch !

If you are like me I usually base my ordering strategy around the best shipping price.

Still,if you haven't purchased any Evercade stuff yet I highly recommend making a bulk purchase to save money.

As soon as I got my Evercade and saw how great it was,I knew I was all in on the system.

I now have ordered all 14 cartridges in production,4 of those of course are preorders.

I hope this helps you!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Swami said:

I don't have an ETA yet, but Songbird plans to carry Evercade this fall in the USA. Just waiting on confirmation from the distributor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

It is available from Funstock UK but as you said shipping appears to be around $30. US dollars. Ouch !

If you are like me I usually base my ordering strategy around the best shipping price.

Still,if you haven't purchased any Evercade stuff yet I highly recommend making a bulk purchase to save money.

As soon as I got my Evercade and saw how great it was,I knew I was all in on the system.

I now have ordered all 14 cartridges in production,4 of those of course are preorders.

I hope this helps you!

Yes, thank you. Any opinions on how the 2600 games play on the Evercade vs the Atari Flashback portable or that Euro blaze handheld?

20 minutes ago, Swami said:

Yes, thank you. Any opinions on how the 2600 games play on the Evercade vs the Atari Flashback portable or that Euro blaze handheld?

I honestly cant say because I didn't purchase those other 2 portables. 

I always wanted to,but before I did the Evercade came along!

It was kind of a stretch to purchase the Evercade at all,because if you have seen me in the forums keeping up with the Intellivision and Amico scene,between those two that is where the bulk of my gaming money goes.

Gotta keep my priorities straight! ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swami said:

I don't think they have the 10 cart collector pack but you can order goodies from videogamesplus.ca and they are based in Canada so the shipping should be better than from the UK.  I just received an email from VGP to let me know that my back-ordered items have shipped so my Namco carts, Atari 2 and Piko carts are on the way so I should have them in the middle of next week!

Apparebtly you won't get the NAmco carts from any US seller... not sure why but you should be able to order everything else on Amazon but the 10 pack will not be available by any US seller.  Something to do with the rights in the US and Evercade doesn't have the rights to sell them in the US.

4 hours ago, Songbird said:

I don't have an ETA yet, but Songbird plans to carry Evercade this fall in the USA. Just waiting on confirmation from the distributor.

It will be cool to go on your website and look at the store and see some Evercade goodness on there!  I would look on occasion at the Lynx titles but I don't have a Lynx but it's nice to look.  lol  At least with Evercade goodness there will be an opportunity for me to spend some money!  lol

Speaking of the Lynx titles on the Evercade... are there any titles that Songbird has the rights to that isn't on the Lynx collection for the Evercade?  I'm wondering about Chapionship Rally in particular... I'd like to play that on the Evercade some day!  :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swami said:

Hey Swami!  I have an Flashback Portable from a couple years back and I prefer the Evercade to it as the screen is bigger and the Atari Collections include some great 7800 games!  I know I can load an SD cart and plop it into the portable but that's something different.  The games play in a similar fashion from what I see.  If there was an opinion from me... it would be this.  I am selling my Flashback Portable.  lol  I don't need Adventure on my Evercade and a Flashback Portable.  That's just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

Hey Swami!  I have an Flashback Portable from a couple years back and I prefer the Evercade to it as the screen is bigger and the Atari Collections include some great 7800 games!  I know I can load an SD cart and plop it into the portable but that's something different.  The games play in a similar fashion from what I see.  If there was an opinion from me... it would be this.  I am selling my Flashback Portable.  lol  I don't need Adventure on my Evercade and a Flashback Portable.  That's just my opinion.

My only dislikes (besides, of course, some titles I want missing) is I wish they had the four directional arrows like the playstation controllers, as they work better on games where you have to make right angles. These round Dpads never seem to work well on pac man, etc. They went with some weird concave recessed cross dpad on the Vita, which is not much better than the round dpad.

If someone could try a few games of Pac Man and Dig Dug from the Namco carts and give a review of whether your character turns when you want him to or goes too far sometimes, I would appreciate it. ?

Also, I wonder if we'll ever see titles like Donkey Kong and Miner 2049er.

Also, why are we paying the same for 20-40 Atari games on the Evercade as for 100 on the PS4 disk?

That's about it.

11 hours ago, Swami said:

My only dislikes (besides, of course, some titles I want missing) is I wish they had the four directional arrows like the playstation controllers, as they work better on games where you have to make right angles. These round Dpads never seem to work well on pac man, etc. They went with some weird concave recessed cross dpad on the Vita, which is not much better than the round dpad.

If someone could try a few games of Pac Man and Dig Dug from the Namco carts and give a review of whether your character turns when you want him to or goes too far sometimes, I would appreciate it. ?

Also, I wonder if we'll ever see titles like Donkey Kong and Miner 2049er.

Also, why are we paying the same for 20-40 Atari games on the Evercade as for 100 on the PS4 disk?

That's about it.

When I receive my Namco carts this week I will give PacMan a shot and see how it works.  I'll post my results for you.

Donkey Kong... likely never... I have my Switch and have Donkey Kong arcade on that.  As for Miner 2049er... I would love to see that happen!  Both the first one and the sequel!

As for the price for the Atari collections... the PS4 disks have 50 games on each disk.  Sure it's more than the 20 on the Evercade carts but you don't see the 7800 carts on the PS4 disks.  It's comparable at least.  On another note, the upcoming Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood release is priced a lot better on the Evercade than on the Genesis or Switch etc.  It's just how pricing goes.  

• Like 2

Funstock is out of Collectors Packs. I wonder if they will get more in. I see no email for contact. It was a funstock exclusive. 

I just calmly panicked and bought a premium on eBay, free shipping for $99 and four of the other carts I was most interested in from Funstock. Shipping without the console is only $7. If I’d bought the other three cart it would have only been About $15 more than the collectors pack, so not too bad. Most of the premiums on eBay are $130 or more. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Swami said:

Funstock is out of Collectors Packs. I wonder if they will get more in. I see no email for contact. It was a funstock exclusive. 

I just calmly panicked and bought a premium on eBay, free shipping for $99 and four of the other carts I was most interested in from Funstock. Shipping without the console is only $7. If I’d bought the other three cart it would have only been About $15 more than the collectors pack, so not too bad. Most of the premiums on eBay are $130 or more. 

All of that sounds great to me.

Pretty much the exact blueprint I used to get started.

I just played some Piko and Atari games and I really  love the machine the more I play.

My two Namco carts and carrying case are on the way and like you said,$7. shipping from Funstock.

Have fun!?

13 hours ago, Swami said:

I emailed them yesterday and got this reply today:

"Yes please keep looking on our website as we will be getting more stock throughout September!"

So, I'm very happy to hear that.  I've been wanting to buy one, it just wasn't good timing in August.

Honestly, it's really refreshing to be able to buy a niche product like this when we're able to. Without having to buy in 100% on day one.
I love Evervcade for this. I bought my Evercade and a few carts; tried it out for a while and really liked it. Waited for new stock and got more carts. It's how it should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SegaDude said:

Honestly, it's really refreshing to be able to buy a niche product like this when we're able to. Without having to buy in 100% on day one.
I love Evervcade for this. I bought my Evercade and a few carts; tried it out for a while and really liked it. Waited for new stock and got more carts. It's how it should be.

While the collections on offer are pretty neat, I`d like it even more if Evercade offered digital downloadable files on some type of SD or flash card cart. Even with the decent titles, 75% of the games on each cart are still pretty much filler.

I'm happy to see that they have been restocking the product as the demand is there.  I do have a bit of an issue with the complainers that are upset when stock is sold out and you have to wait a few weeks for the stock to come in.  Overall, I'm very satisfied with Evercade getting stock back in a timely manner.  

I have my Namco carts and Piko cart on the way to me... I'm hoping to have it today or tomorrow.  Not that I have nothing to play but it's always fun to have new carts to check out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

While the collections on offer are pretty neat, I`d like it even more if Evercade offered digital downloadable files on some type of SD or flash card cart. Even with the decent titles, 75% of the games on each cart are still pretty much filler.

I'd think the digital download thing is not going to happen as it goes against everything the Evercade was created to be.

At the price point that the carts are sold, you can consider the 25% of the games still a decent deal.  The nice thing is what you call filler is considered a must have game for another person.  I think they are putting a good mix on each cart to attract everyone in one way or the other.

The Mega Cat collection has a few titles that I thought would be filler and they turned out to be fun.  I can't wait for the Piko cart... when I desire some RPG time, the Piko cart will scratch that itch on the Evercade.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

I'd think the digital download thing is not going to happen as it goes against everything the Evercade was created to be.

At the price point that the carts are sold, you can consider the 25% of the games still a decent deal.  The nice thing is what you call filler is considered a must have game for another person.  I think they are putting a good mix on each cart to attract everyone in one way or the other.

The Mega Cat collection has a few titles that I thought would be filler and they turned out to be fun.  I can't wait for the Piko cart... when I desire some RPG time, the Piko cart will scratch that itch on the Evercade.  

Don't get me wrong -- those carts do offer a great deal. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I made the mistake to order the Piko cart along the Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood one, so now I have to wait til October... ?

That Xeno Crisis / Tanglewood cart is going to be killer! I'd love to hear what you think about Tanglewood when you get a chance to play it.

That game really surprised me. I played the heck out of it on my Genesis.

• Like 2