IGNORED

New Evercade Handheld System

999galaxyB

50 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I made the mistake to order the Piko cart along the Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood one, so now I have to wait til October... ?

That's interesting-I almost did that off Funstock UK but fortunately their system wouldn't allow to combine an available cart with a preorder. 

Good news is you will have both a month from now!?

49 minutes ago, SegaDude said:

That Xeno Crisis / Tanglewood cart is going to be killer! I'd love to hear what you think about Tanglewood when you get a chance to play it.

That game really surprised me. I played the heck out of it on my Genesis.

Thank you for the input on Tanglewood!

I was hoping to hear good things from someone who has played it.?

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I made the mistake to order the Piko cart along the Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood one, so now I have to wait til October... ?

Ouch... I almost did the same thing.  Somehow I made two separate orders on different days.  Piko cart order shows as delivery tomorrow.

On the positive side... good thing you got the Xeno Crisis order in... VGP in Canada is no longer taking pre-orders on that cart as they must have sold their initial pre-order numbers.  Xeno Crisis/Tanglewood is going to be one hot title this fall!  I'm really excited to play that one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SegaDude said:

That Xeno Crisis / Tanglewood cart is going to be killer! I'd love to hear what you think about Tanglewood when you get a chance to play it.

That game really surprised me. I played the heck out of it on my Genesis.

Wouldn't it be something if the Tanglewood game is better than Xeno Crisis?  I am really hyped to play Xeno Crisis and whatever Tanglewood adds to the package is a nice bonus.  Sometimes, games with no expectations offer the better games!  But that Xeno Crisis looks soooooo good!

What a deal we are getting with the two games on one cart!  Years ago I would easily drop $70+shipping for Jaguar carts and I don't miss those days as getting something you don't like much is a bit of a gut punch.  Oh well... Evercade carts take most of any sting out of a purchase at the prices they are at.  :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Thank you for the input on Tanglewood!

I was hoping to hear good things from someone who has played it.?

I helped beta test Tanglewood. Play testing was a first for me and I didn't have any qualifications other than being a Kickstarter backer for the game and asking if I could join the team.

It was a great experience.

If you like puzzle elements in your platformer games I can't help but think you'll enjoy it.

I wrote a spoiler free Tanglewood review if you want some details about the game.

Be sure to avoid spoilers. There are some great moments in the game that are extra special if you enter not knowing a thing. **Don't watch any long plays!**

5 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

Wouldn't it be something if the Tanglewood game is better than Xeno Crisis?  I am really hyped to play Xeno Crisis and whatever Tanglewood adds to the package is a nice bonus.  Sometimes, games with no expectations offer the better games!  But that Xeno Crisis looks soooooo good!

What a deal we are getting with the two games on one cart!  Years ago I would easily drop $70+shipping for Jaguar carts and I don't miss those days as getting something you don't like much is a bit of a gut punch.  Oh well... Evercade carts take most of any sting out of a purchase at the prices they are at.  :)

Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis are very different games. Xeno Crisis is an awesome high adrenaline run and gun action game. It will test your mettle!
My only criticism for Xeno Crisis are the controls. It will take some time getting use to it. I find I can do well on the stages but the bosses rough me up! And I feel it's because I still can't control my marine well enough.

People have criticized Tanglewood's music because it's not playing all the time. Which I feel is a shame because the way the music flows in and out at key moments really helps build a strong mood in the game. And the music is excellent.

Anyways, I don't want to say too much. But I do believe this will be a very popular Evercade cart! I already have both games and I'm still really excited to play them on my Evercade!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SegaDude said:

I helped beta test Tanglewood. Play testing was a first for me and I didn't have any qualifications other than being a Kickstarter backer for the game and asking if I could join the team.

It was a great experience.

If you like puzzle elements in your platformer games I can't help but think you'll enjoy it.

I wrote a spoiler free Tanglewood review if you want some details about the game.

Be sure to avoid spoilers. There are some great moments in the game that are extra special if you enter not knowing a thing. **Don't watch any long plays!**

Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis are very different games. Xeno Crisis is an awesome high adrenaline run and gun action game. It will test your mettle!
My only criticism for Xeno Crisis are the controls. It will take some time getting use to it. I find I can do well on the stages but the bosses rough me up! And I feel it's because I still can't control my marine well enough.

People have criticized Tanglewood's music because it's not playing all the time. Which I feel is a shame because the way the music flows in and out at key moments really helps build a strong mood in the game. And the music is excellent.

Anyways, I don't want to say too much. But I do believe this will be a very popular Evercade cart! I already have both games and I'm still really excited to play them on my Evercade!

I will be going into both games blind.  All I ever saw were the screen shots on Evercade's site.  Don't think I even watched the videos... I was sold on the Xeno Crisis shooter.  October is going to be fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

I will be going into both games blind.  All I ever saw were the screen shots on Evercade's site.  Don't think I even watched the videos... I was sold on the Xeno Crisis shooter.  October is going to be fun!

Going in blind can be hard with the Internet but that is a great way to do it! I approve! :D

• Like 1

I’m hoping for the Atari Arcade cart to come out next. A lot of my favorites much better than the 2600 versions. The screen is not the best designed for it, but, oh well. I wonder how it would be to play them with an option of the dpad on the bottom? A lot of times they substitute the NES ports, but they didn’t have the vector graphics ones. 

20 minutes ago, Swami said:

I’m hoping for the Atari Arcade cart to come out next. A lot of my favorites much better than the 2600 versions. The screen is not the best designed for it, but, oh well. I wonder how it would be to play them with an option of the dpad on the bottom? A lot of times they substitute the NES ports, but they didn’t have the vector graphics ones. 

It would be great but may never happen,to have a cart with just Atari vector graphics games only.

I wonder how many there are or were made for the Arcades?

I looked that up and the answer I found was/is 13 vector games.

Screenshot_20200904-101700_Chrome.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

It would be great but may never happen,to have a cart with just Atari vector graphics games only.

I think there’s only five or six. I was thinking more along the lines of the arcade section of Atari Vault on Steam. It has about 15-20 arcade games. 

Edit: Hmmm ... okay. A lot more games than I thought. I guess you could make a cart from them all. So, that makes two more Atari carts I would like to see. ? I’ve seen those Star Wars ones on a couple of At Games/1up products, but never seen them in the Atari made arcade collections. Licensing I suppose. 

I was recalling Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Gravitar, Red Baron, Black Widow and Battlezone and maybe a vaguely remembered very early one.  Somehow spaced Tempest, but wasn't thinking too hard. I forgot the Star Wars ones were Atari and somehow thought it was all Lucasfilms. Probably because Atari never seemed to have any connection to any of the ports and collections. Even the 2600/ColecoVision ports were Parker Bros. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I looked that up and the answer I found was/is 13 vector games.

Screenshot_20200904-101700_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Swami said:

I think there’s only five or six. I was thinking more along the lines of the arcade section of Atari Vault on Steam. It has about 15-20 arcade games. 

Edit: Hmmm ... okay. A lot more games than I thought. I guess you could make a cart from them all. So, that makes two more Atari carts I would like to see. ? I’ve seen those Star Wars ones on a couple of At Games/1up products, but never seen them in the Atari made arcade collections. Licensing I suppose. 

I was recalling Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Gravitar, Red Baron, Black Widow and Battlezone and maybe a vaguely remembered very early one.  Somehow spaced Tempest, but wasn't thinking too hard. I forgot the Star Wars ones were Atari and somehow thought it was all Lucasfilms. Probably because Atari never seemed to have any connection to any of the ports and collections. Even the 2600/ColecoVision ports were Parker Bros. 

You can always contact them to put in a request for just such a cart. I've got to say that they've been very responsive to my own questions.

• Like 1

Unless this is a 2021 release, I don't expect these to be arcade titles.  They said arcade packs were coming in 2021 and I would think these two titles will be a December release.  Someone posted on Facebook or Twitter asking or predicting that these are Atari 3 and 4 and Evercade actually responded to shoot that idea down.

On another note, they also shot down the idea that this was an announcement of the console.  This makes sense as the video shows two questions marks in what looks like the outline of two cartridges.

The little video shows the tracking lines from an old vcr... is that a clue?  Chatter mentioned the Sega CD games like Night Trap etc.  Not sure if this makes much sense as I don't know how many games would fit on a cart as they were CD games.  What other game would VCR tracking lines suggest?  I don't know...

I took a guess that Konami and Capcom collections could be the next two.  For Konami... Contra or CastleVania or heck Metal Gear (MSX versions) collecitons?  

I guess we will see what Evercade has planned for our Christmas/Holiday stockings on the 10th!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

Unless this is a 2021 release, I don't expect these to be arcade titles.  They said arcade packs were coming in 2021 and I would think these two titles will be a December release.  Someone posted on Facebook or Twitter asking or predicting that these are Atari 3 and 4 and Evercade actually responded to shoot that idea down.

On another note, they also shot down the idea that this was an announcement of the console.  This makes sense as the video shows two questions marks in what looks like the outline of two cartridges.

The little video shows the tracking lines from an old vcr... is that a clue?  Chatter mentioned the Sega CD games like Night Trap etc.  Not sure if this makes much sense as I don't know how many games would fit on a cart as they were CD games.  What other game would VCR tracking lines suggest?  I don't know...

I took a guess that Konami and Capcom collections could be the next two.  For Konami... Contra or CastleVania or heck Metal Gear (MSX versions) collecitons?  

I guess we will see what Evercade has planned for our Christmas/Holiday stockings on the 10th!

To which video are you referring?

12 hours ago, Swami said:

To which video are you referring?

On Twitter and on Facebook they have the Sept 10, 2020 video... it's 20 seconds long and while it plays, there are the old vcr tracking lines that appear on it.

Either it's a way to say they are retro or it could be a hint as to what the releases are... I'm thinking it's a nod to the retro theme of the Evercade.

Anyone played the Genesis version of Xeno Crisis? How close would you say the resemblance is to Smash TV?

I got my Evercade with three games and just ordered the Mega Cat one from Amazon, even though I greatly distrust Amazon delivery, it was cheaper and faster, so fingers crossed. It looks like it has several fun games; Specifically, Old Towers, Little Medusa, Super Painter and Multitude. Tanzer looks like Aliens, which is fun, and Justice Duel look like good simple early arcade game as well.  Log Jammers looks like Pong, but is nice to have along. Four others coming from across the UK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swami said:

Anyone played the Genesis version of Xeno Crisis? How close would you say the resemblance is to Smash TV?

I got my Evercade with three games and just ordered the Mega Cat one from Amazon, even though I greatly distrust Amazon delivery, it was cheaper and faster, so fingers crossed. It looks like it has several fun games; Specifically, Old Towers, Little Medusa, Super Painter and Multitude. Tanzer looks like Aliens, which is fun, and Justice Duel look like good simple early arcade game as well.  Log Jammers looks like Pong, but is nice to have along. Four others coming from across the UK.

I agree... Xeno Crisis looks to be a space version of Smash TV.... sounds great to me!

As for your choice of Mega Cat Collection... it IS pretty awesome!  I already played through and completed Old Towers and Super Painter.  Tanzer is a cool and weird shooter but I find it hard... it's messing with me I suppose lol.  Justice Duel is a Joust with shooting kind of mechanic with a bit of a storyline.  Log Jammers is an anti-Pong... you need to make the opponent miss and it also features power ups and goodies like that.  Overall, I was pleasantly surprised to get all of this for the price.  Considering the cost of the Genesis/SNES homebrews that Mega Cat sells (a single cart is $40ish for Old Towers) then the Evercade is a smokin' good deal!

• Like 1

I think we should have somewhat of an idea how powerful Evercade is due to today's announcement. One of the games for Piko Interactive Collection 2 is Football Madness. I saw the screen of the game on Evercade's website. Its graphic appear to be higher than Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo.

To my knowledge, Football Madness was only released on the original Playstation back in 2003 in Europe based on me checking on Gamefaqs.

Here is link to all screen shots of Piko Interactive Collection 2 including Football Madness: https://www.evercade.co.uk/piko-interactive-collection-2-cartridge/

On 9/4/2020 at 8:22 PM, King_Salamon said:

Unless this is a 2021 release, I don't expect these to be arcade titles. 

The two collections are quarter 1 2021 games including Jaleco Collection 1, but are not arcade games. 

Evercade now having access to Jaleco games will be a plus in time since Jaleco did release some games in arcades back in the 1980s and 1990s.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Swami said:

Jaleco Collection 1 and Piko Collection 2 are the two newest announced. Piko Collection 2 is all Sports and Racing games. 

Nice!  Looks like they are getting more studios involved and that is a really good thing.  Hopefully they can get more homebrewers in on the action as that is where I think that this can really shine.

• Like 2

I am really glad I was paying attention and got in on the ground floor. I wouldn't want to be trying to catch up or chase down and overpay for out of print carts.

That will  be 16 carts out for the Evercade by January,In less than a year with a lot of potential for growth in the future. So many possibilities! 

I am impressed by the wide array of companies and game choices that have been selected. 

Keep it up,so far so good.??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

Finally got Magical Drop II to work, but only in two of the modes. It's a good game; I'll take your advice and contact Evercade to see if a firmware update is in the cards for this.

Did you ever get your problem with this game resolved? I am having the same problem where it keeps going back to the title screen no matter what button I push or when I push it. I sent an email to Evercade about it. 

32 minutes ago, Swami said:

Did you ever get your problem with this game resolved? I am having the same problem where it keeps going back to the title screen no matter what button I push or when I push it. I sent an email to Evercade about it. 

No; I only play it in those two modes.