IGNORED

New Evercade Handheld System

999galaxyB

6 minutes ago, Giles N said:

I think the Evercade won’t do Arcade Ports for some strange reason, but that was a long list!

I think the compilations seems to be tied up with the Companies owning the licenses...

Would like to see a Capcom-compilation... (NES, SNES, Genesis etc).

And an Atari 5200 compilation.

And a Lynx 3 and 4 compilation: hopefully including Warbirds and Ramparts and many others...

Excluding stuff by Nintendo, who would put out their own version for Switch etc.,  I would think licensing issues can be overcome...

I think the Evercade won’t do Arcade Ports for some strange reason,

Hopefully they will,...In the future!

that was a long list!

Yup!  I want them to see it and think of what's possible haha!...

• Like 1

I am looking forward to arcade games in the future.

Whether or not we'll see the more well-known licensed titles like Capcom (Street Fighter, Ghosts'n Goblins, etc) or Nintendo (Mario Bros, Punch Out, Donkey Kong, Zelda, etc) remains to be seen - but I'm not holding my breath.

And I wonder about the rumors of an Evercade home console floating around.

• Like 1

This is slightly old news but I realized I don't think it has been mentioned here...but... Intellivision is coming to Evercade :) :) :)

https://www.thegamer.com/12-intellivision-games-evercade/

I suppose it's too much to hope for licensure of Tron: Deadly Discs or D&D, but TDD would be my #1 wish list Intellivision item.  I love the 2600 version, but the Intellivision version is so, so much more.

Night Stalker, Astrosmash, and Frog Bog confirmed.  All great games...hoping that Shark! Shark! makes it in the first INTV pack also. 

• Like 3

I am certain that at least one D&D game is coming. They’ve used delicensed versions on several compilations.

Apparently Intellivision is looking at options for TDD but given how much the game resembles the movie it may be a lost cause trademark wise. They didn’t seem taken with my suggestion to call it Fatal Frisbies. It would be my #1 INTV game too.

I believe Tommy Tallarico all but said in the thread over in the Amico forum that it would include Shark! Shark!

• Like 3

Sega had a great line-up of old games (both Arcade, Genesis snd SMS) for their 3 Japan-releases (which I happen to have gotten my hands on), for the 3DS (including Turbo Out Run Arcade, Out Run 3D for SMS/MarkIII), so could be cool to see if Sega wanted to go for a collection or three on the Evercade...

Edited by Giles N

On 3/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Songbird said:

Pre-orders now open at Songbird for four new Evercade carts: Jaleco and Piko 2 coming in April, Indie Heroes and Worms coming in May.

Evercade_spring_2021_open.png.1064cd688cf18edabb2cf80271ef1799.png

I am glad I held off on those until now, because I promised back in November that I would order my future cartridges from Songbird as my US Evercade cartridge supplier.

Thank you!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On my wishlist for the Evercade - Turbografx-16 games!

Why not?  We know the Evercade can emulate SNES and Mega-Drive/Genesis titles.  

On top of that, the TG-16 Mini has jumped in price to US$200+.  It'd be nice to have a more affordable way to play titles like Keith Courage, Bonk, Alien Crush, Bomberman and so on.

• Like 4

The Core Grafx Mini is only £70 on Amazon UK and they ship to the US. It's your best option right now. (Unless you are boycotting Amazon.)

The Turbografx library is one of my very favorites. I have a LOT of TG and PCE games and an SSDS3, and a TurboExpress, plus a Telegames HuCARD adapter. As with the Lynx, for which I also have a huge library, I will rebuy the games as many times as I'm given a chance to. Bought almost all of them for the Wii and rebought almost all of them for the WiiU. Even with only existing licenses a Namco PCE compilation with games like Dragon Spirit (way better than the NES), Pacland, and Barunba would instantly be one of the best collections on the system.

• Like 2

Just placed an order with Songbird Productions for more stuff :)

Songbird, sorry about the weird message it seems to have put with my address; the autofill copied a note I sent to a charitable organization recently and somehow it looks like that message is in the first line of the address (lol!).

Looks like the Namco #2 cart is hard to get, which is too bad.  I'd love to play some Burning Force on this thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm debating what Evercade cartridge to grab next.  The Atari Collection 2 is an obvious one.

The Atari Lynx Collection 1 got my attention after seeing YouTuber the Crow Continuum reviewing it.  Some of those titles like Loops, Ishido, Scrapyard Dog and Super Asteroids/Missile Command look good!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

I'm debating what Evercade cartridge to grab next.  The Atari Collection 2 is an obvious one.

The Atari Lynx Collection 1 got my attention after seeing YouTuber the Crow Continuum reviewing it.  Some of those titles like Loops, Ishido, Scrapyard Dog and Super Asteroids/Missile Command look good!

The Atari Lynx was a great and underappreciated handheld.  Definitely would recommend picking up Collection 1 for sure.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

Just ordered the Atari Collection 2 and Atari Lynx Collection 1!  Can't wait for more fun games, especially those awesome 7800 titles like Desert Falcon and Asteroids.

Precisely the games I ordered, lol!  Jinx, buy me a coke or something :)

I am hankering for more even after these show up, just so much good stuff.  

• Like 2

The Oliver Twins compilation raised £11000 for the (British) National Video Game Museum: https://www.evercade.co.uk/evercade-and-the-oliver-twins-raise-over-11000-for-the-national-videogame-museum

Assuming that was an average selling title, that suggests that the Evercade has taken in around £150000 profit on cartridges so far. It seems like not much to run a business on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

YouTuber OEB Pete shared a video earlier with updates on what to expect for the Evercade later this year.

So apparently, the Evercade can emulate PS1 and Nintendo 64, with those consoles being its upper limit.

There's also plans for "collection 3" titles.  I'm up for that; there's lots more Atari 2600 and 7800 titles out there.  Maybe there could even be 5200 games?

On another note, the fact that Playstation 1 and Nintendo 64 are now considered "retro" makes me feel my age.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, 7800Knight said:

YouTuber OEB Pete shared a video earlier with updates on what to expect for the Evercade later this year.

So apparently, the Evercade can emulate PS1 and Nintendo 64, with those consoles being its upper limit.

There's also plans for "collection 3" titles.  I'm up for that; there's lots more Atari 2600 and 7800 titles out there.  Maybe there could even be 5200 games?

On another note, the fact that Playstation 1 and Nintendo 64 are now considered "retro" makes me feel my age.

I would be down for some 5200 titles and/or more 7800 titles.  True, more 2600 titles would be nice, but I think that it would be better to have more games from the other Atari systems than the 2600.

• Like 3