Jump to content
atari2600land

The "Lava Lamps and 8-Track Theatre" game?

Recommended Posts

Watched the vid of the "game" I never played it but can honestly say I never would want to. Rating F- 

This makes Chuck Norris superkicks 2600 look good. 

Did you guys get paid to try the game? 

 

Please if you like 7800 homebrew check out ANY other title by anyone as they are ALL fn stellar compared to this. 

The label art looks horrible too. I don't care if anyone gets mad. You posted garbage you get a garbage response. 

Fake news! 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jinks said:

Rating F- 

LOL. My kids would rate games F-.

 

I didn't buy the game because it doesn't look like a game I would enjoy playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jinks said:

Watched the vid of the "game" I never played it but can honestly say I never would want to. Rating F- 

This makes Chuck Norris superkicks 2600 look good. 

Did you guys get paid to try the game? 

 

Please if you like 7800 homebrew check out ANY other title by anyone as they are ALL fn stellar compared to this. 

The label art looks horrible too. I don't care if anyone gets mad. You posted garbage you get a garbage response. 

Fake news! 

 

 

Hi Jinks

 

no fake news......no fake tests.....i said it is a good

game...not a top hit.In ny opinion,the label is ok.

And instead calling a game horrible,you could make

suggestions,to make it better......

You should try to do it better,but i doubt....

Nobody is forced to buy...

 

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Here's a prior discussion about it. Whatever you do, don't hate on the creator's box art or she will go APE$HIT on you...

 

 

WOWWWW That was the cringiest thread I've ever read on here.....or anywhere online in recent times for that matter lol

Edited by Stevaside
wrote 2 lines of text by mistake
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right?? It's something special. If the dev stumbles upon this thread, it could be that thread all over again. Let's hope that doesn't happen...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

 

The programmer made this game for someone else....he did what he should.....some people like the game,some not.......For me,it is not a top title,but something which is worth to be played....

For sure,it cannot beat Baby Pac or Bentley..........

but you should be happy with every new game.....and you could

always criticize a game.....but always be fair......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think the general consensus over on the other thread is that the game itself is bleh but the box art (especially the title banner) appear to have been done in MS Paint with its having the wrong resolution and aspect ratio, etc. The hand-drawn art in the center is cool but probably should have been digitized, as others have referenced. I wouldn't be as critical if the individual behind the game didn't act like a whiny 12-year-old in nearly every post she made.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from the gameplay video posted in that thread, the game play (what there is of it) is too linear and repetitive.  The sprites are decent, but it's not enough to save yet another half- (or quarter-, or eighth-) baked effort.  That this game is being sold for more than 2 cents is a disgrace; I wouldn't play it if it was my last day on Earth and it was the only game available to play (I'd rather take a nap as it would be more interesting).  To say that it and its unprofessional presentation are excremental would be a compliment.  👽🐄💨💩

Edited by NostAlgae37
wrong verb tense used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, "excremental", really?  Not singling any one person, but I wish you all would lay off the DJ with all the insults . Just because you can say something, does it mean you really should?   There are people proud that they accomplished this game, this work of artistic creation. I don't know the programmer , I don't think, and unfortunately the DJ who posts here let people rile her up and then spat venom back.  Here on the AA forums, we are surrounded by many extremely talented 8bit Atari developers, artists, and musicians. Really, we've got the cream of the crop among us here.  But there exist Atari and retro 80s fans who aren't at that level here -- they have presented their work here and you have the option to buy it only if you want to. If you find it poor and not up to the standards you demand ... why not rise exert some professionalism, some tact?    Even if not everyone is doing that. 

 

My take: The game does not appeal to me, then again I have passed on many other Homebrews too simply because I can't buy and play everything.  But I think the artwork is cute and made me chuckle a little bit. The nurse character is a well designed image.  And I respect anyone who can get a game working on 7800 or any Atari system. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go with shit, before I need to lock this nonsense, about a hack and crap presentation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree with that elitist attitude.  I'm surprised you felt the need to post that.  Look at all the films that people think are  so bad they're great.  Quality is subjective.  Lock away if that makes you feel better.  The problem with your opinion in this case is you are a professional developer with professional and high standards. If Froggo made this game, feel free to rip away, but that's not the case here. 

 

 But if not, I wasn't aware this was a hack. What game is it hacked from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the offense is derived mainly from the inexcusably high price tag, although if she were giving the game away for free, I still wouldn't take a copy as I value empty space more than the volume that game would take up in my collection.  I'm aghast that her sales were healthy at that price point, but it is proof positive that a sucker is born every minute and that one man's garbage is another man's gold.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 8:24 PM, Cafeman said:

Come on, "excremental", really?  Not singling any one person, but I wish you all would lay off the DJ with all the insults . Just because you can say something, does it mean you really should?   There are people proud that they accomplished this game, this work of artistic creation. I don't know the programmer , I don't think, and unfortunately the DJ who posts here let people rile her up and then spat venom back.  Here on the AA forums, we are surrounded by many extremely talented 8bit Atari developers, artists, and musicians. Really, we've got the cream of the crop among us here.  But there exist Atari and retro 80s fans who aren't at that level here -- they have presented their work here and you have the option to buy it only if you want to. If you find it poor and not up to the standards you demand ... why not rise exert some professionalism, some tact?    Even if not everyone is doing that. 

 

My take: The game does not appeal to me, then again I have passed on many other Homebrews too simply because I can't buy and play everything.  But I think the artwork is cute and made me chuckle a little bit. The nurse character is a well designed image.  And I respect anyone who can get a game working on 7800 or any Atari system. 

Thanks! :) Honestly I'm not here to let people rile anybody up,that is not my purpose here,and anybody who thinks that is just ignorant. I'm a true game fan and these jerks can piss off with whatever they think behind their keyboards. Seems like some people suffer from online desensitization a bit here and that's sad. I  only defend myself from hateful armchair a-hole trolls who talk sh-it about the game I made with Clark(Frankodragon).  Funny despite all the neg criticism(which only comes from butthurt bored Know-it-all fanboys with nothing else to do in their mommy's basement) it only has come from a small group of people here.

 

 

The game sells very well, people left and right who purchased the game tell me they enjoy the game...Heck even Howard Scott Warshaw says he likes the game! That's all that matters to me really.

 

 

I'm proud of the artwork and could care less what anyone thinks. Their opinions are not how the rest of the outside world thinks! Nobody is slowing down my sales either, in fact I just sold another game last night.! Thanks to those who appreciate the game really. I've also autographed a dozen or so games and counting. Really proud of this game!!!! :) 

Edited by lushgirl_80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who don't know, I was the one whom programmed the game using 7800Basic.  And yes, I did use code from another game called "Scammer/Hollywood" Brawler but with a little more freedom to move around the screen instead of being constrained to just move left and right, as well as adding some different sound effects.  As a bit of an easter egg which I'll reveal now if you haven't found it, you can also hook up the AtariVox module to hear additional voices when you hit enemies. 

 

* There is also a hidden enemy on one of the levels if you choose to not to touch the soda machine at the end of a level and keep going even though the manual warns you not to. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

For those of you who don't know, I was the one whom programmed the game using 7800Basic.  And yes, I did use code from another game called "Scammer/Hollywood" Brawler but with a little more freedom to move around.

 

Clark, Thank you for confirming it is a hack of your other programming and not an original homebrew title as someone else is always proclaiming it to be. You speaking up on the matter I find to be a stand up thing to do. I tip my hat to you good Sir for your honesty and transparency in the matter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea well Super Mario Bros.2 is derived from Doki-Doki Panic,and that happens to be one of the classic games of all-time!!! You never hear elitist,pedantic,and bigoted morons complain about that game. Funny also the armchair haters on here are mostly grown men in their 40's/50's. GET A LIFE.

 

Never denied it's a "hack",but techincally it is a completely different game than what it was derived from. Much like Super Mario 2 is different compared to Doki.

 

So why the hell does it matter? Obviously it only matters to the elitist,butt hurt a-hole Fanboy who feels they musst attack something they are jealous from afar just to feel better about themselves.  If you hate it that much you would just move forward and ignore it,but obviously your hatred is based out of pure obsession. Gotta feel above others with your opinions and that's pretty sad lol. GET A LIFE. Even if I disliked someone's homebrew in the AA community for whatever reason, I would never attack them constantly like these trolls are. Just trolls straight up. I'm looking at you Shawn! I got you blocked. Doesn't matter what you think though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lushgirl_80 said:

 

 

Never denied it's a "hack",but techincally it is a completely different game than what it was derived from. 

 

1373318626_liarliarpantsonfire.thumb.png.38bc456a9dcde96cf7946efab42bbc38.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lushgirl_80 said:

Yea well Super Mario Bros.2 is derived from Doki-Doki Panic,and that happens to be one of the classic games of all-time!!! You never hear elitist,pedantic,and bigoted morons complain about that game. Funny also the armchair haters on here are mostly grown men in their 40's/50's. GET A LIFE.

 

Never denied it's a "hack",but techincally it is a completely different game than what it was derived from. Much like Super Mario 2 is different compared to Doki.

 

So why the hell does it matter? Obviously it only matters to the elitist,butt hurt a-hole Fanboy who feels they musst attack something they are jealous from afar just to feel better about themselves.  If you hate it that much you would just move forward and ignore it,but obviously your hatred is based out of pure obsession. Gotta feel above others with your opinions and that's pretty sad lol. GET A LIFE. Even if I disliked someone's homebrew in the AA community for whatever reason, I would never attack them constantly like these trolls are. Just trolls straight up. I'm looking at you Shawn! I got you blocked. Doesn't matter what you think though. 

 

Quit lying and going off the rails, it makes you look desperate and foolish.  If you can't take criticism, don't create anything, simple as that.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...