IGNORED

I Designed a replacement Power Switch

jdgabbard

I recently designed a replacement for the power switch for the TI-99/4A. And thought I would give it to the community.  I have hosted it on Thingiverse here:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3697972

But I have also attached a photo.  It's not perfect, but good enough compared to jamming something in the hole to turn on/off the computer.

pwr.thumb.jpg.5bcae1bd92eaee1f04a0b3a2c832ae4f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice!  I'll add this to the list once the AtariAge updates are completed and the edit capability returns.

You know, a switch like this, coupled with a second 3D printed retainer for a specific switch would also come in handy for those who've switched to the external power supply.  As the years go on, and more power supplies fail, having a ready 'go to' solution would be invaluable to people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

Nice!  I'll add this to the list once the AtariAge updates are completed and the edit capability returns.

You know, a switch like this, coupled with a second 3D printed retainer for a specific switch would also come in handy for those who've switched to the external power supply.  As the years go on, and more power supplies fail, having a ready 'go to' solution would be invaluable to people.

Nice, glad to see it is well accepted.  As for the replacement switch, what are people moving to?  I could probably design it, but would need to know what I'm looking at.

44 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

I will have my resin print in the next couple of weeks. This looks like it will print nicely.

Let me know how it turns out.  I'm limited by the capabilities of my printer, so if I need to make any changes, I'd like to know.

• 3 weeks later...