IGNORED

General Discussion

Tillek

23 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Have you ever considered switching to one of the UDS models for a solution?

I would consider it much less complicated than getting the NetUSBee going...

I agree. Plus, a Lantronix UDS-10 can usually be purchased pretty cheaply off eBay. On the ST, you can use a standard RS232C cable (and a standard network cable) with the device. I recently purchased my RS232C cable off Amazon.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

I have a multi node BBS going until I get the Atari ST BBS running , it will be at 99.250.141.63 port 23 until further notice, with a dial up line at 226-647-0710 once I get my main IP address figured out I will let you all know when it is up, I am using Syncronet  BBS for now, a 2019 version that supports big hard drives, like anything else there is a learning curve, I will of course enable atascii when I get it online.

Edit: Forem ST is verified by myself from a different modem and an Atari Portfolio, It is working OK now....

Edited by rcamp48
addition

16 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I have thought of it but no money

Yeah, I understand...however, when you do get some extra cash, Lantronix UDS-10s can be found cheap on eBay...I just saw one posted for around $20 with a serial cable and power supply. The prices do vary quite a bit on eBay, so don't get discouraged if all you see are high priced ones. Inexpensive working ones do show up. They were once used in a variety of applications including security systems. When someone strips out an old security system, they will typically post them for sale cheap on eBay. Mine was once used in a security system and it works great.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka

On 6/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, DarkLord said:

Have you ever considered switching to one of the UDS models for a solution?

I would consider it much less complicated than getting the NetUSBee going...

Gonna buy one tonight if I can find one on ebay ... Russ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Bikerbob said:

Hey, we can't search the club posts eh? that sucks.. :(

Yes, you can.  Any content in the forums can be searched.  To specifically search inside this club, type your search term in the search box, then click on the drop-down and select "This Forum".  In this context, "Forum" means the forum embedded in the club, so you'll only get results in that club.  I just searched for "UDS" and it worked as expected.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 10.57.44 AM.png

..Al

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, you can.  Any content in the forums can be searched.  To specifically search inside this club, type your search term in the search box, then click on the drop-down and select "This Forum".  In this context, "Forum" means the forum embedded in the club, so you'll only get results in that club.  I just searched for "UDS" and it worked as expected.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 10.57.44 AM.png

..Al

Ok, sorry.. maybe something was wrong with my screen.. when in the CLUB section I dont get the search bar.. maybe my issue.

James

LOL - yep.. my issue.. I did not somehow scroll up enough?? no idea.. thanks Albert.

Edited by Bikerbob