IGNORED

Sunset Forest Rider 2

gfvh

I tried many times to make a racer game.

My last attempt was Sunset Forest Rider. This is the "sequel".

It's a WIP.

I wanted to make something like Out Run. With hills and all that stuff.

It has the hills. But not the curves. It's a straight road. At least for now.

Source code:

http://mauisland.byethost24.com/ho11/sunset2g3.txt

ROM:

http://mauisland.byethost24.com/ho11/sung2.bin

• Like 2

Can you attach the bin here?  I'm not able to download from the site.  My provider has it blocked as a malware site.

Update: I was able to use my phone to save it to google drive and download from there.  Uploading the bin here may still be helpful to someone else though.

I'm always interested in racing games.  Your Sunset Rider was looking promising and I was hoping to see it progress.  This one looks interesting as well, but that sound is very jarring.

Edited by KevinMos3

1 hour ago, Arenafoot said:

Was the first version ever completed?

I tend to think my games are completed, but I understand that not anyone think they are. I know it is lacking a lot of things but instead of resuming it I prefer to redo it from scratch. Maybe the next game following this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see your continued work on this.  However, IMHO you HAVE to do something about that music.  Whenever I want to try a rom, I have to put the volume on mute or turn it WAY down.  I know you said you lowered it, but it's still very overpowering.

There are a couple of things I seem to be missing.  Where is the map?  Are there collisions yet?  I hear a sound when I hit a car, but I don't see any effect.  If I press up or down, it causes me to stop and I've not been able to get it to resume.  What are the controls?

The map is a line at the bottom that gets longer every time you choose a way. It is more skewed if you choose the left path or straight if you choose the left one. And the starting point is up and the line gets longer in the "down" direction. You will see it better in the version where the map has no colors. I said "map" (with quotes) for a reason. It's hardly a map. When you hit a car, velocity decreases. When you accelerate a lot the engine of the bike gets broken. It is a bug but I converted it in a feature. ;)  I will decrease the volume even more in the next version. The controls are right, left, up to accelerate and down to decelerate.

Edited by gfvh

On 7/31/2019 at 4:53 AM, gfvh said:

The controls are right, left, up to accelerate and down to decelerate.

Every time I press Up or Down, the biker freezes in place and the road stops moving.  There's no way to get moving again, even with reset.  I have to re-load the ROM to start over.  The only way I see acceleration is by holding the button.

• 3 weeks later...