IGNORED

Want to use the FB9 with an older (non-HD) composite a/v setup, here's the solution!!!

Using this will squish the 16:9 aspect to 4:3, so it will be horizontally squished with black bars on the side.  It would be ideal for AtGames to add an option for stretching the output to fullscreen.  Then, using something like this would look good on a 4:3 display.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Using this will squish the 16:9 aspect to 4:3, so it will be horizontally squished with black bars on the side.  It would be ideal for AtGames to add an option for stretching the output to fullscreen.  Then, using something like this would look good on a 4:3 display.

I always thought it made it 4:3 anyways even when using the HDMI cord (by design as to replicate old-school) Does the AR3050 display full screen or do I have to reset my TV for it tdisplay fullscreen ("stretched" 4:3 to 16:9)

16 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I always thought it made it 4:3 anyways even when using the HDMI cord (by design as to replicate old-school) Does the AR3050 display full screen or do I have to reset my TV for it tdisplay fullscreen ("stretched" 4:3 to 16:9)

The Flashback HDs display with black bars on each side so that the game portion of the screen looks 4:3. With that hdmi-to-AV converter, the screen gets squished horizontally (the whole screen including black bars). Yes, I have that converter.

To view full screen on a CRT, you’d have to have the option to stretch the image horizontally, either on the Flashback, converter, or TV. Most CRTs don’t have that option, unless yours has a hidden service mode. Even then, the adjustment is probably not enough.

19 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

The Flashback HDs display with black bars on each side so that the game portion of the screen looks 4:3. With that hdmi-to-AV converter, the screen gets squished horizontally (the whole screen including black bars). Yes, I have that converter.

To view full screen on a CRT, you’d have to have the option to stretch the image horizontally, either on the Flashback, converter, or TV. Most CRTs don’t have that option, unless yours has a hidden service mode. Even then, the adjustment is probably not enough.

I use an Insignia HDTV that does have that "stretch" (wide) mode as an aspect option