IGNORED

Simone Giertz made a Tesla Pickup

SpiceWare

• 3 years later...

Wow, I completely forgot about this project, thanks for linking to the video!  Nice to see she's still driving Truckla around, and that she had some additional work done on it (and sounds like they're going to do a bit more).  The charging bot was interesting, although I'm not sure I'd trust it to not scratch the hell out of my car.  :D 

Tesla is going to have to come up with some sort of automated solution someday, maybe a giant charging mat you park over as was kind of shown in a render / photo at a presentations they did recently. 

..Al

• Like 2

I'd forgotten about it too, it popped up on my YouTube suggestions last night.  

Was surprised it hadn't been waterproofed, I'd find it annoying to have to run out and cover my car every time it rained. Of course we get 90+ rainy days per year in Houston, have no idea how common it is where she lives.

The charging bot was neat, but wouldn't work for me - when parked there isn't enough room between the car and the garage wall for it to maneuver. Maybe something that was mounted on the wall.

Charging mat could be interesting, depends upon how much loss there is.