IGNORED

SOLD: Atari 2600 KidVid (NOS) & Smurfs Save The Day Set

Shawn

On 1/31/2020 at 4:47 PM, DNA128k said:

Would you sell just the console and PSU?

Which is to say I'm quite interested in buying it!

Sure but it would only be $20 cheaper without the modded controllers

cause I would have to wait to sell them to someone else.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know the first thing about the internal stuff. Maybe the scope of this question is too vast, but here goes. Shawn, your modded CX40s, how do they differ--in simple terms for a guy who's never taken a controller apart--from the ones that Best sells? I've been curious about Best's for years. Only reason I haven't purchased is all the strange stuff I've read on AA about ordering from that guy.

I've actually got two stock CX40s that are in great working order and are cosmetically perfect so I'm happy with them. But maybe they'll begin to fail one day? As a general rule I'm opposed to modifications to original hardware. But maybe if I knew what I was missing I'd be singing a different song? Again, not trying to hijack your FS thread.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:19 PM, MeatWithGravy said:

I've actually got two stock CX40s that are in great working order and are cosmetically perfect so I'm happy with them. But maybe they'll begin to fail one day? As a general rule I'm opposed to modifications to original hardware. But maybe if I knew what I was missing I'd be singing a different song? Again, not trying to hijack your FS thread.

If your controllers are in full working order and the dome contacts are fresh, you are golden. Those domes loose their "pop" over time with use making them un-reliable and cause you to force the directions when playing or even lay flat causing button presses on their own cause they are making contact as if the joystick was being pressed when it's not.  Replacing the domes with the more robust and long term use reliable switches negates that from ever happening. All the details and even some instructional diagrams with images are in the thread I linked to which shows how to make these modifications on your own if you choose to. The pair I have for sale here are ones I don't need for myself. I hope that answers your question and sorry for the late reply :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
19 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

All I can say is someone missed out. This is a cool piece and I will enjoy having it as part of my collection.?

KV.jpg

I missed out. I know. I was tempted, but I have so much junk I've been trying to clear out to make room. It is a great addition to your collection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...