IGNORED

Pages Auto Scroll Help

Fierodoug5

I am having some trouble with pages auto scrolling or changing automatic where as i cant read or see everything as it goes by to fast. And its not every page, just some. I am using 40 column on a stock 800xl, 850, UDS-10, BobTerm 1.22. I dont see anywhere to change a setting for this. Any tips? 

Thanx

Doug

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I am having some trouble with pages auto scrolling or changing automatic where as i cant read or see everything as it goes by to fast. And its not every page, just some. I am using 40 column on a stock 800xl, 850, UDS-10, BobTerm 1.22. I dont see anywhere to change a setting for this. Any tips? 

Thanx

Doug

The real question is what BBS are you calling?  Generally the "MORE" prompt comes from the BBS, not your software.

The main thing to consider is are your column and line settings right?  If you're using 40 col with 20 some lines, but on the BBS you're set to 80col.... it's going to give you twice as much as you can see (give or take).

Maybe it's something the SysOp of the specific BBS can help with.

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Thanx

Doug

Did you try pressing Control S to pause and Control Q to resume?

-JP

16 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

Thanx

Doug

Almost all BBS have a profile, settings, or parameter editor.

For Express! / TcpIp etc you will find option P or similar and you can set how often the more/continue prompt will appear by setting how many lines it should show, many users set this at 22-24 lines depending on their terminal etc

BBDD68E8-8129-427F-8AB6-38B129867E75.jpeg

depending on the system and terminal..

control-s       stop   (start)  scrolling

control-q       resume

control-c       cancel or quit

control-x       exit/quit/abort

control-z       on terminal emulations/some console devices disconnects the session/hangs up

other systems have 'more' , 'page break' , 'page length', and similar settings.

some terminal consoles have hardware flow control and have their own internal page at a time functions

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1