IGNORED

It's a Atari Adventure type of night

Skwrl63

My retro nook I designed in my garage last fall. It was a fun build and I was able to do this project for about $350.

I shared this photo on Reddit and Facebook in the last 7 months or so. Chances are most of you have already seen this. I'm really just new to using the AtariAge website and I'm just trying to figure stuff out.

This is my first post....lol

FB_IMG_1561078495264.jpg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is unbelievably cool!

I say you sure did capture the look-and-feel of the late 1970s living room! I had the fake wood siding in my first two houses in central California. The classic TV cart with room for a console or cable box on bottom is true. The woody parquet looking table and the retro armchair with the all-encompassing green hue; exactly. The marbled carpet with smeary brown and tan combinations to hide poo poo, barf, coffee, and Coke stains… everyone had it. 

You got it right!!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 11:10 PM, phattyboombatty said:

This is unbelievably cool!

I say you sure did capture the look-and-feel of the late 1970s living room! I had the fake wood siding in my first two houses in central California. The classic TV cart with room for a console or cable box on bottom is true. The woody parquet looking table and the retro armchair with the all-encompassing green hue; exactly. The marbled carpet with smeary brown and tan combinations to hide poo poo, barf, coffee, and Coke stains… everyone had it. 

You got it right!!

Lol.... The marble carpet sure did hide everything. Not sure if that meant the carpet always look dirty, or always looked clean?

The chair my father actually garbage picked in 1983. Then he paid almost $400 in 1983 to get the chair reupholstered. So I guess that means this is most likely a early 70s chair with early 80s upholstery...lol

Anyways, thanks for the kind words. It really was a fun build

Edited by Skwrl63

• 1 month later...