IGNORED

I just got my FB9 HDMI AR3050 - how do I get off the test screen???

I was wondering how many of you ran into this same problem as I have right now, I just got my new-in-open-box Atari Flashback 9 with HDMI on eBay, and hooked it up, and after the AtGames logo I get this bright red test screen (see pic for details), no matter if I have the SD card or want to access the built-in games, it won't get off the test screen, so what do I do??? 

DSC01793.JPG

I heard from AtGames and they sent me a couple of files and a video tutorial on how to get rid of the test screen, my system is running absolutely perfect right now but it sucks that the display of the games can only be in 4:3 format with black bars (or custom bars via the built-in options in the main menu, in which displays in 16:9 beautifully, but not the games themselves) as opposed to the AR3230 in which displayed in old-school SD but with my TV I was able to "stretch" the image (wide mode) so it would fit in the 16:9 ratio.

But, the AR3050 plays all the games and once again I can play Space Rocks, Donkey Kong Arcade, and Chaotic Grill! on it but because I am using an HDMI jack hooked up to my Insignia 39" TV I am unable to have the "full-effect" audio that playing it back on my home a/v receiver (a 1990s Sony a/v receiver) allowed me to do with the AR3230 hooked up to it. Is AtGames going to introduce a hack or can someone here offer one up to "stretch" the 4:3 aspect the AR3050 displays to fit the full screen (16:9) as opposed to having those black bars left and right?

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, BIGHMW said:

I heard from AtGames and they sent me a couple of files and a video tutorial on how to get rid of the test screen, my system is running absolutely perfect right now

Can you tell us what files and steps you took? Or a link to the video? I am having the same problem and have not heard back from AtGames

• 2 years later...