IGNORED

Does anyone have Atari Game Recorder Information???

Maniac3389

I found a website with the correct scans and a follow up. I copied the scans to my computer. I have no idea where they are at. I think they are on a backup cd of mine. I'll look for them this weekend if I have time. One of the things that was needed was a rom chip. The rom chip was still available. To bad I don't have the website. You know I think it was atarihq.com though. Not sure.

To make sure what you are talking about. You download the 2600 cart down to a audio tape. Then turn around and load it backup into memory (On the board you built). So you can play the game on the 2600 system.

Later,

Josh

• 8 years later...

I found the complete article online a few years ago but I don't remember where.

Here is what I have.

AGR.zip

The archive includes the article in djvu format (I don't have the original pdf file I converted it from), a hi-res scan of the board template and a text file with the source (it must be checked for errors, as I never tried assembling it)

There are various free djvu viewer for download; I use djview which is available for Linux, Windows and MacOs.

I wonder how practical this device would be; it was apparently limited to 4K games (as built), but by 1984 most games were significantly larger.

Can anybody tell if this device would support bankswitching?

The design given only supports up to 4K. I'm sure it could be modified to support more, but there's really no point with all the other solutions out there (Harmony, Krok cart, Cuttle cart, etc...).

my main interest was trying to find more info to decode the audio output from the compumate. it saves its music, graphic, and basic programming data as audio. the goal is to be able to write basic programs on the computer and save them as audio which can be shared and ran on other people's compumate. thats how i stubles across this.

if anyone has any information about this sort of data to audio and back stuff please PM me.

• 4 months later...

my main interest was trying to find more info to decode the audio output from the compumate. it saves its music, graphic, and basic programming data as audio. the goal is to be able to write basic programs on the computer and save them as audio which can be shared and ran on other people's compumate. thats how i stubles across this.

if anyone has any information about this sort of data to audio and back stuff please PM me.

I'm also interested in this, to improve the CompuMate emulation in Stella. Does anyone have any info that can help me??