IGNORED

How to store TI cartridges?

xabin

Right now, my boyfriend and I are storing all of our TI items in a big blue storage bin, with the cartridges as a bed for the other items, but that's not safe or economical. I'm curious what you guys would suggest for a storage space for us to put the cartridges in?

The answer all depends on how much you are willing to spend, and if you want to display them.  

One solution is a 3D printed cartridge holder, (shown below).  I got mine from arcadeshopper.  It's not the cheapest solution, but for displaying some of your most used or prized, it's a very nice solution.

A cheaper solution is a cassette storage case, you'll have to skip a slot every few cartridges, but they can still be located cheaply at thrift stores.  Or for even a few bucks more via ebait. like << THIS ONE >>

3D Prinbted.JPG

• Like 1

my space for my hobbies is pretty limited because we have a small house. i have a good-sized flat 'clear' plastic tote for loose carts/manuals that can fit under our bed if i need to put it away, and i have milk crate cubes stacked on my dresser to hold books/binders/boxed software.

ive also used cassette tape holders in the past, but because of the awkward way the carts are shaped in the front you have to alternate the spaces on the holder.  lots of times you can find those super cheap at thrift stores.

you can get one of my cart holders printed if you know someone with a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3223227

you can use any cassette holder (but carts will have to be separated every few carts as they are bit larger than a cassette case on one side)

you can find one of the fancy ti cart holder boxes (on ebay sometimes, expensive) 

you can use a shoe box/plastic tote :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

you can get one of my cart holders printed if you know someone with a 3d printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3223227

I did that, they work nice, but not super perfect, when I get motivated I might do a remix of them so they can be free standing without being topheavy and tipping over

On 6/21/2019 at 8:10 PM, xabin said:

Right now, my boyfriend and I are storing all of our TI items in a big blue storage bin, with the cartridges as a bed for the other items, but that's not safe or economical. I'm curious what you guys would suggest for a storage space for us to put the cartridges in?

I just found some that were in a ziplock bag for over (oh geez!) 9 years, probably much more(20 years?)

14 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

you can use any cassette holder (but carts will have to be separated every few carts as they are bit larger than a cassette case on one side)

you can find one of the fancy ti cart holder boxes (on ebay sometimes, expensive) 

you can use a shoe box/plastic tote :) 

I may have to print one just to see. Picked up an Anycubic i3 Mega-S a week ago - already tried the FG99 and standard cart shells on Thingiverse.

It's been a sharp learning curve for me so far ...? 

ThingVerse.JPG

• Like 2

I have the pictured cartridge holder, made specifically to hold 18 TI cartridges, with a slot at the top for manuals. I'm pretty sure that it dates from the early 1980s, but I picked this one up a few years ago on eBay for around $20. It's perfect, but I could really use a couple more; anyone know the manufacturer? I used to know who made them, but have forgotten it, and there is no name or manufacturer on mine. Knowing who made these BITD might help me find another one on eBay. Thanks.

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LynxHandyCaster said:

I have the pictured cartridge holder, made specifically to hold 18 TI cartridges, with a slot at the top for manuals. I'm pretty sure that it dates from the early 1980s, but I picked this one up a few years ago on eBay for around $20. It's perfect, but I could really use a couple more; anyone know the manufacturer? I used to know who made them, but have forgotten it, and there is no name or manufacturer on mine. Knowing who made these BITD might help me find another one on eBay. Thanks.

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

yes this is the one on my list  "you can find one of the fancy ti cart holder boxes (on ebay sometimes, expensive)"

I have acquired two recently and based my cart holder design off of the slots in it. 

Greg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrewmacattack said:

Hoping one day come across texas Instruments, stackable storage boxes Would post a picture,  but can't find one anywhere.

I have exactly one of those. A few other people here on the forum have some of them as well, but I think the sum total of them within the group would be somewhat less than a 10-high stack. I'll take a picture of mine the next time I pull it out (I keep prototype cartridges in it).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

Oh yeah, i alsways searched that kind of TI Box Storage, seems to be very nice, more than one still better ?

I always searched for theese too but always at crazy price, impossible for me :(

Yeah, THOSE are VERY nice.