IGNORED

Color Bar Generator in box with instructions Need Advice

TheAmazingJason

I recently came across this Color Bar Generator cart not knowing what it was. I actually picked it up with a few games while buying an Atari off of Craigslist. After looking this cart up on AtariAge it looks like it is actually pretty rare. I am looking to see if anyone has any info on what this is and if it is actually worth anything. I've added some pictures. IMG_20190621_202029.thumb.jpg.02857c4441ae8f4919eed8f2f1cc43cd.jpg

IMG_20190621_210623.jpg

IMG_20190621_202032.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still amazed that I picked this up. I was mostly after the Atari 2600 Jr. in the box (you can see a bit of the red box in the first picture) and only bought a few games as an afterthought. I asked the person if the box was an Atari game too and they said yes. I didn't know anything about until yesterday and I only really picked it up out of curiosity.

@jesusc - That's fine by me. You got real shady when I asked about payment and shipping so not sure why you are lashing out at me. Either way it was not my intention to upset you.  

For the rest of you I really do appreciate the comments and info you have provided me. It has been interesting learning about this cart that I had no idea existed the other day. I also can't believe that I would run into something this rare. Part of me would like to keep it however I could really use the money so I think what I am going to do is eventually list it on eBay and see how it does there. 

1 minute ago, TheAmazingJason said:

@jesusc - That's fine by me. You got real shady when I asked about payment and shipping so not sure why you are lashing out at me. Either way it was not my intention to upset you.  

For the rest of you I really do appreciate the comments and info you have provided me. It has been interesting learning about this cart that I had no idea existed the other day. I also can't believe that I would run into something this rare. Part of me would like to keep it however I could really use the money so I think what I am going to do is eventually list it on eBay and see how it does there. 

Not sure about this guy either, no reply to my PM at all, for what it's worth. ;)

24 minutes ago, TheAmazingJason said:

I listed it on eBay as an auction. I guess we'll see how much it is really worth if it actually sells.

The auction would have to start at $1 and let it ride if you actually wanted to see what the open market thinks it's worth. Also, nobody is gonna give you $4,000 for it. That is a very unrealistic BIN price and is actually the highest BIN on Ebay out of the 3 complete Color Bar Generators on there right now.  I would have taken the $2,500 offer here on AA cause even if you get $2,500 on ebay you're gonna get soaked in fees. Best of luck with your sale. I hope you didn't sour too many people with this thread who would have been potential buyers otherwise.

I would have accepted the $2,500 offer here on AA if the guy seemed legit. I agree with you that what I'm hoping to get might be unrealistic but I wanted to give it a shot. I could really use the money and I would regret it if I didn't at least give it one go at an auction. I'm not sure what you mean about souring potential buyers that was not my intention.

7 minutes ago, TheAmazingJason said:

I would have accepted the $2,500 offer here on AA if the guy seemed legit. I agree with you that what I'm hoping to get might be unrealistic but I wanted to give it a shot. I could really use the money and I would regret it if I didn't at least give it one go at an auction. I'm not sure what you mean about souring potential buyers that was not my intention.

I've dealt with JesusC multiple times over the years and it was always a perfect transaction that was as smooth as butter from start to finish. Every single time.

20 minutes ago, TheAmazingJason said:

I'm not sure what you mean about souring potential buyers that was not my intention.

I believe he is looking at attempted greed, I gave you my opinion, you went with yours. ;)

I'll add one more thing to this, then I am done, if you don't have CASH, to buy something like this, don't bother with me.  I've lived with getting ripped from $50 to $100 or so, but I ate it, no more.  I am not going to eat $1K+.