IGNORED

CPUWIZ's New 7800 MCP Dev Kit

Shawn

Hey All,

I was told that a bunch of people are asking about getting an MCP from CPUWIZ. In conversation

with him tonight he has told me he's up to his ears in other shit right now and cannot get any to

anyone right now. That and you all want to wait for the new version he's been working on for the last year

or so, trust me on that. No details will be shared right now. Don't PM me about it and don't PM him about

it either please, I'm posting this on his behalf in case anyone is wondering where this came from. I'm

just doing him a favor in letting you guys know where things currently stand and to let you know something

bigger and better is on the way. It will be worth the wait. There is no ETA.

Thanks,

Shawn

• Like 9

Thanks Shawn, for posting this for me, I've been getting more requests for the old kit lately.  And I am on the second prototype for the new kit, as some of you know far too well.  Been working on it for, what?  Maybe just over 10 months?  I don't remember.

It'll be worth it, if I finish it and have enough cash to make some, it isn't anything like you have probably seen so far.  At least not on Atari consoles. :)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry guys, this crap is a lot of work and I don't have Taco funding, which I would prefer not to use.  Time is limited as well, because I am living a fairly normal life and have an important job.  You know, what happens during R&D?  Mistakes, that can easily fry $10 components.  I have.

I really don't want to talk about all the specifics, I know someone with more time and money, can make this happen faster.

26 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I am sorry guys, this crap is a lot of work and I don't have Taco funding, which I would prefer not to use.  Time is limited as well, because I am living a fairly normal life and have an important job.  You know, what happens during R&D?  Mistakes, that can easily fry $10 components.  I have.

I really don't want to talk about all the specifics, I know someone with more time and money, can make this happen faster.

Don't worry about... totally no rush  :)  

I, for one, have seen hints of all the behind scenes work you have done for this community and am very grateful to you for sharing your expertise in all that you do.  Thank you!

• Like 2