IGNORED

Source Code Not Resolvable?

TazzyB

On 6/23/2019 at 4:26 AM, Random Terrain said:

You could try using this:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/287262-batari-basic-extension-for-visual-studio-code/

If you can't compile a bB program with that, we'll be closer to finding out what's wrong.

Still won't compile. Same error as described in the original post.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TazzyB said:

Still won't compile. Same error as described in the original post.

When you open your bB.1.1d.reveng41 folder, right click on 2600basic.exe, select Properties, then click on the Security tab, are there a bunch of check marks under Allow? Here's what mine looks like:

bb_allow.png.021da9736696c31e386b626aa996491f.png

The "scoretable" symbol is defined in "score_graphics.asm".  Do you have a customized version of that file in your directory?  If so, you may have made a change that stomps on that symbol.

If not, try putting this file in the same directory as your bB file.  It's a drop-in replacement for the standard score_graphics that allows for more customization without needing any more ROM space.

There's no way you should be getting an error saying that scoretable isn't defined if you do that, as it is defined in that file.  If you do still get an error, could you please post all of the compile output (not just the final error)?

score_graphics.asm

7 hours ago, Karl G said:

The "scoretable" symbol is defined in "score_graphics.asm".  Do you have a customized version of that file in your directory?  If so, you may have made a change that stomps on that symbol.

If not, try putting this file in the same directory as your bB file.  It's a drop-in replacement for the standard score_graphics that allows for more customization without needing any more ROM space.

There's no way you should be getting an error saying that scoretable isn't defined if you do that, as it is defined in that file.  If you do still get an error, could you please post all of the compile output (not just the final error)?

score_graphics.asm 68.45 kB · 0 downloads

Nope. Not compiling. Here is the output.

batari Basic Compiler date (2019-06-05 8:33:48 PM)
Current bB compiler version supports -O option. Peephole optimizer option enabled.
Current bB compiler version supports DPC+ Kernel. DPC+ options enabled.
Current bB compiler version supports 64k/64kSC options. 64k/64kSC options enabled.
[2019-06-25 4:44:26 PM] added project: Tinkernut World
[2019-06-25 4:44:35 PM] saving C:\Users\budit\Desktop\Junk Bin\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\warheads_2019y_06m_22d_0950t.bas succeeded.
Compile started at 2019-06-25 4:44:36 PM
Compiling C:\Users\budit\Desktop\Junk Bin\tinkernut_world\Tinkernut World\warheads_2019y_06m_22d_0950t.bas
--- Unresolved Symbol List
scoretable               0000 ????         (R )

bytes of ROM space left

Fatal assembly error: Source is not resolvable.
Errors were encountered during assembly.
2600 Basic compilation completed.
Compilation completed at 2019-06-25 4:44:38 PM
view output file:///C:/Users/budit/Desktop/Junk Bin/tinkernut_world/Tinkernut World/bin

14 hours ago, Random Terrain said:

When you open your bB.1.1d.reveng41 folder, right click on 2600basic.exe, select Properties, then click on the Security tab, are there a bunch of check marks under Allow? Here's what mine looks like:

bb_allow.png.021da9736696c31e386b626aa996491f.png

yep. Exactly like yours.

Did you try putting the score_graphics.asm file in the same directory as your source file?  I didn't see any messages about it being found in those compile messages.

I will also humbly ask @RevEng to take a look if and when he has time. I'm out of ideas at the moment.

tl;dr (for RevEng) - File attached to first post won't compile for OP, but will for RT and me. OP says he has the latest bB from your site installed on Win 10, 64-bit.  Permissions seem okay, and adding your enhanced score_graphics.asm to the working directory apparently didn't help.

3 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Did you try putting the score_graphics.asm file in the same directory as your source file?  I didn't see any messages about it being found in those compile messages.

I will also humbly ask @RevEng to take a look if and when he has time. I'm out of ideas at the moment.

tl;dr - File attached to first post won't compile for OP, but will for RT and me. OP says he has the latest bB from your site installed on Win 10, 64-bit.  Permissions seem okay, and adding your enhanced score_graphics.asm to the working directory apparently didn't help.

The source file method worked! Thanks so much!

10 minutes ago, TazzyB said:

The source file method worked! Thanks so much!

Good to hear. Now I'm definitely curious why it was needed in the first place. If you don't want to put it in the directory for every project, then you will want to put a copy in your bb\includes directory (there should already be a copy there, but it must somehow be missing, corrupt, or not readable).

1 minute ago, Random Terrain said:

Karl G, if you get a chance, can you explain what was wrong and how it was fixed so I can put it on the bB page? If TazzyB downloaded a fresh bB, how did  score_graphics.asm get messed up?

I'd be happy to, but I honestly have no idea.  My idea was a shot in the dark.  score_graphics.asm (either the default one in bb\includes or the enhanced RevEng one) defines the scoretable symbol (label) that his compile error was claiming wasn't found.  Since I knew that was where it was supposed to be defined, then I figured putting a fresh copy in the same directory would compile with that version of the file, and work around the issue.

Why it was a problem to begin with I have no idea.  I may try to do a new install on Windows to check.

6 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

Karl G, if you get a chance, can you explain what was wrong and how it was fixed so I can put it on the bB page? If TazzyB downloaded a fresh bB, how did  score_graphics.asm get messed up?

Sorry RT, I now remember why I messed up so bad on this. I had downloaded an Atari score font making program a long time ago and read the instructions incorrectly. Instead of linking separately to my new file, Windows replaced the original asm file with the new one I made. That might have screwed things up. Again, sorry for wasting your time. In fact, the visual studio code addon stated this discretely. It said

User-defined score_graphics.asm found in current directory
Edited by TazzyB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1