IGNORED

.HFE and .P99 files

videofx

Have several floppies that are in .HFE and .P99 format. I can use .HFE since I sent have Gotten or floppy emulator. So I renamed .P99 too .DSK and used my tasty DOS program to write it to disk but says its not a valid .DSK.

Anyone know how I can make a real floppy from these files?

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

P99 is a single file (TIFILES) format, HFE and DSK are complete disk images, so they are conceptually different. You can use my TIImageTool, open the existing or new DSK/HFE file, and drag-and-drop the P99 file into it.

Vielen Dank!

You TIImage tool worked like a champ.

Here is what I have when I open the .P99, Now how do I create a .DSK so that I can create a real floppy?

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.12.47 PM.png

This is a DSK file, it resides as GK.dsk on your hard disk.

I'm not sure how you plan to make a real floppy from it. As you said you have HFE images, I guess you own a Lotharek floppy emulator. In that case, you should create a HFE image with TIImageTool, mark everything in the above image (GK.dsk) and copy that into the new HFE image. Then you can use that HFE image in your Lotharek.

I'm not sure whether I really understood the problem. TIImageTool only works on disk images, i.e. DSK files (or HFE or other formats). So when you open it to see the contents, you do it on a DSK file that is already on your PC. In the above example, you obviously opened a file called GK.dsk that is on your PC. When you modify it, e.g. pull files into it, the DSK file is automatically updated. (In the upcoming new release I will offer an undo option and a "Save" feature, which means that all changes are temporary until saved.)

When you create a new DSK file, you use the "New->Floppy image" menu function, and it will ask you for a file name where to store the new disk image file. As said, everything that you do with it from then on will automatically be updated on the DSK file on your PC.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, videofx said:

OK I created a .DSK using TIImagetool, now how do I save it to my PC as a .DSK so I can make a real floppy?

Danke!1606568731_ScreenShot2019-06-22at4_40_44PM.thumb.png.2e56bd6718693823bc24486ecd7881dc.png

I have all those files, so I could make you an equivalent SSSD disk, but I doubt it would work on your PC.  I think it would minimally require a DSDD disk with those files, but what OS does your PC use?  What specific files are you planning to use, as many of those files will require a MG GramKracker or other similar GRAM device for use on your TI-99/4A system?

On 6/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, FDOS said:

I have all those files, so I could make you an equivalent SSSD disk, but I doubt it would work on your PC.  I think it would minimally require a DSDD disk with those files, but what OS does your PC use?  What specific files are you planning to use, as many of those files will require a MG GramKracker or other similar GRAM device for use on your TI-99/4A system?

I use TI99PC on my DOS PC, I take the .DSK and transfer to my PC, then run TI99PC /MENU and make a SSSD disk then I take it to my TI99 and it works perfectly. I needed those 2 disks for my MG Gram Kracker. I was able to run diags and put my TI Assembler and the 2 disks into the GK and dont need to swap disks. TIImaage allowed me to take the .P99 and make a .DSK. so problem solved.

Thanks for all the help

• Like 1