Sign in to follow this  
Paul Westphal

Please Identify This STe Mod

I’m restoring this 4mb STe and I found this mod in it. I’m guessing ( probably wrong ) it’s a 32mhz mod?

Any information on this mod would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

24E7770B-1514-4549-8579-618C19865CB1.jpeg

8513C945-585C-404E-A716-44C91E906ACD.jpeg

its looks like its sending a 1.8mhz clock into Xtal1 or 2 of the mfp can't tell from picture. not a 32mhz booster. be nice to know what the gal logic is! Maybe a serial port upgrade for faster baud rates

Thank You for the reply PLM. It is appreciated.

" I’m guessing ( probably wrong )" - were the words I used. I didn't ' expect ' to be correct.

The problem is not in were you right or wrong. Even thinking about 32 MHz mod for 8 MHz computer is what is very wrong.

But, who knows, today may be that something like is possible - in overall present adverts. For instance, I see last weeks every time advert on government supporting news portal, where they talk about simple add on for car engine, what will bust it's power for 173 %, and decrease fuel consumption by 15% - not clear is both at once, but why not ? In lies everything is possible.

Just to add, that considering efficiency of modern engines, it even contradicts law of energy preservation.

• Haha 1

Politicians discuss about laws and this changes these laws.

So they think that discussing the rules and laws of nature can have the same effect.

They generally lack the intelligence / knowledge / interest to understand it's not possible.