IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 12 - Star Wars : Death Star Battle

DamonicFury

Welcome to round twelve of this 5200 HSC season!   Star Wars : Death Star Battle won the poll by a single vote.  Play using the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

There is no HSC record for Star Wars : Death Star Battle.  The best Millennium Falcon pilot will set a new record.  

A link to the ROM and manual can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=666

Round ends Sunday, July 7th, 2019 @9pm EST

Standings:

eegt97 - 37,046

Cafeman - 26,081

jblenkle - 4,444

bemis - 2,056

Mangia-Boy - 50

98D0565C-181C-45F6-BE0C-859EC8255870.jpeg

Don't waste time hunting down Ties and other ships, but shoot the green Imperial Shuttle for nice points. Just get past the shield asap. I approach the Death Star from the extreme right and left sides and shoot on a diagonal until it blows up. Surviving the complete explosion of red fireballs will yield big points. Rinse, repeat. 

Every 10k points you'll hear R2D2!  But there are no other audio or musical motifs from Star wars! Huh? That could have really improved the mood of the game. 

I tried to shoot out all the Death Star  blocks but it was an exercise in frustration, I kept getting killed.   

• Like 1

13276.  Yeah, I'm warming up a little to it, not much.  It needed some more work for sure.  I find I can kill the death star very quickly on the first couple of boards before the laser starts.  I'm not sure that is the most efficient way to get points though.  I still have not killed a shuttle.

IMG_1178.thumb.jpg.e9e2fb8305bbb8c9b7c4f4b0cd944f8f.jpg

I think you are onto the points strategy.  Get to the Death Star ASAP, only worry about shooting a shuttle if you can since it is 1000 points. Then shoot the Death star and survive the entire explosion.  All other points really seem ... pointless!  *slaps knee and utters a HAW HAW HAW*

• Like 1

37046.   Starts to get hard to tell when the ships are firing on you or if it is a ship heading into the background.  It really is just a race to beat the laser if you can.  Not sure I will get a chance to play again.

IMG_1184.jpg.f32e5a95a6f06812852f2f7f6e4c395a.jpg

Congratulations to eegt97 for blowing away far more Death Stars than Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian combined!  Apologies to those who didn’t enjoy the game.  Really hope Sinistar is more to everyone’s tastes as that’s coming up next. 

eegt97 - 37,046  +11

Cafeman - 26,081  +10

jblenkle - 4,444  +9

bemis - 2,056  +8

Mangia-Boy - 50  +7