IGNORED

Richard Cheek Interview - Unreleased Jag Game: Cheesy & Sleepwalker Talk

Adriano Arcade

Dear all, please enjoy my latest (albeit slightly tenuous) Jag related interview. I talk with Richard Cheek who worked on Sleepwalker on the Amiga and ST, The Blues Brothers and his work on Call of Duty games.

The jag link is his work on Cheesy, a game originally set to be a Jag exclusive title, which was later scrapped and published on the PlayStation instead. I ask him about his feelings on coding on the 64-bit beast, and whether we could ever see Cheesy released on our favourite feline named console:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/richard-cheek-cta/

• Like 4

On 6/24/2019 at 8:07 AM, Adriano Arcade said:

Dear all, please enjoy my latest (albeit slightly tenuous) Jag related interview. I talk with Richard Cheek who worked on Sleepwalker on the Amiga and ST, The Blues Brothers and his work on Call of Duty games.

The jag link is his work on Cheesy, a game originally set to be a Jag exclusive title, which was later scrapped and published on the PlayStation instead. I ask him about his feelings on coding on the 64-bit beast, and whether we could ever see Cheesy released on our favourite feline named console:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/richard-cheek-cta/

What a shame total asset loss. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, Clint Thompson said:

If you watch the gameplay video of the PSX version, it definitely looks like a Jag-styled title. Doesn't feel like we're missing out much on this one honestly.

Cheesy is just 1 of so many titles that cropps up on Lost Jaguar game lists and videos that ended up being released on other formats to mediocre reviews and you end up thanking your lucky stars it never saw a Jaguar release as the press at the time were having a field day with so many mediocre Jaguar titles.

Adding something like Cheesy to the Jaguar's library would only of done the systems reputation more harm than good.

It is nice to establish what became of the Jaguar version though, as it's another lost title off the list. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, Clint Thompson said:

If you watch the gameplay video of the PSX version, it definitely looks like a Jag-styled title. Doesn't feel like we're missing out much on this one honestly.

That's an understatement, jeez. I'm always interested to look up the end result of games that started on the Jag then moved to other consoles... Cheesy looks like shit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

That's exactly what I said, I just worded it differently... ;-)

I don't think it looks horrible.  The thing that is lost on most people is no one knew how to make good 3d games Persay.  and graphical that game looks pretty good for time period. Games that only were impressive for 3d graphics don't stand the test of time.