IGNORED

are these valuable or should I reuse the cases?

tater1337

this is odd
got my TI when I was 13(i think)
moved onto better things when I was 19(ish)

got back a TI a few months ago (at the age of 50)

found these in some storage I had of "stuff" these are NOT from when I was 13-19, so I go them in my30's40s?
I have no idea why

the ones I like I already have so these are duplicates

unless someone convinces me that these are really valuable, I am going to look into making some molds as the 3d printed carts don't look appealing to me, destroying the carts in the  process

20190623_115046.jpg

But on a serious note, I personally do not see any value in the TI labeled titles.  I just picked up about 50 of these kinds of carts to reuse for an upcoming project.  Ksarul will be able to tell you more for certain, but I think the only ones which might have some interest are the Scott Foresman titles.

You definitely don't want to mangle the White Scott Foresman carts, as they are somewhat uncommon. As noed, the Return to Pirate's Isle looks good--and actually sells for a slight premium over the common carts. The others make good mold fodder though. I have to look, but I think I made a set of mold molds when I got my original molds a few years ago. I figured making molds of the molds would be some good practice--and might come in handy if I ever needed to make another set of the rubber molds.

update, merged the ones I "found" with the ones I had purchased when I returned to the hobby a few months ago

I am also betting that I got one more hidden somewhere, because for the last decade or 3 i'd come across a single cartridge with ZERO rhyme or reason. was an educational cartridge so I didn't pursue it, but those TI carts are so well made that I could not just toss it.

I need to build a good joystick/joypad. I've been spoiled so much with wasd that the esdx is utterly foreign to me, but that is another story

20190624_201247.jpg

Not that it means much if I have not heard of a cartridge, but I've never heard of Picture Parts, Frog Jump, or Space Bandits.

As for the "pink" PARSEC, to me that just looks like a cart that sat in direct sunlight too long.  It probably started life as a normal red label.

• Like 2

Frog Jump, Number Bowling, Picture Parts, Pyramid Puzzler, Space Journey, and Star Maze were six math games cartridges released by Scott Foresman for the TI. They also released them as paired modules (two games in one case), titled Module A, Module B, and Module C. The dual-title cartridges are generally rare, while the single title ones are uncommon. Note that there are also label variations here: the standard labels are blue text on white, but there are also red text on white labels. If you look carefully at the red text labels, you will see that they cover a Tronics label. The Tronics labels (these do exist in small quantities without the red text labels covering them) are also out there, but the cartridge content is the same in all cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthew180 said:

Not that it means much if I have not heard of a cartridge, but I've never heard of Picture Parts, Frog Jump, or Space Bandits.

As for the "pink" PARSEC, to me that just looks like a cart that sat in direct sunlight too long.  It probably started life as a normal red label.

Space Bandits is a pretty cool game in the MBX series.  :)  I also like that you don't need the MBX to play it, hehe.