Friend of mine sent me this link this morning. I have been saying for years that there are some questionable things have been going on. Modified joysticks, using glitches and somehow modifying emulation videos. All of Oyamas and Liduarios scores should be removed. Shame! Shame! 

• Like 2

I usually only post a simple picture of my scores.

Yes, these pictures aren't enough evidence to show I was playing on real hardware in a fair way. But I never was required to fully show on camera my hardware, tv screen and myself using the joystick to participate on AtariAge or even on Highscore.com .

1 hour ago, Northcoastgamer said:

All of Oyamas and Liduarios scores should be removed.

So if all high scores should be removed because I don't show enough evidence, then I believe almost every single score should be removed from AtariAge HSCs.

In fact, I only remember Keilbaca's and Zeropagehomebrew's full videos evidence showing hardware, tv and players performance.

If everybody had to use three cameras to post a score, I can't see how we could run any HSC...

Does cheating go on...yeah, probably...and it's unfortunate some people have to get their thrills that way. But I play for fun and when you start requiring complete videos, etc. of your high score it takes the fun out of it. I personally don't easily have a way to take videos off my TV when playing on real hardware. Sometimes even a screenshot is a hassle depending on how fast the score disappears. Most of the HSCs here on AtariAge run on the honor system which is fine with me, but proven cheaters probably should be banned.

• Like 4

I didn't watch the video. I have no interest in watching some random dude spend 30 mimutes dissecting the minutiae of scores for 35 year old video games. I participate in the HSC because I have fun playing the games. This is a low-stakes, just for laughs thing for most of us. Don't ruin it by forcing everyone here to adhere to some needlessly rigid standard. Save that crap for the "official" world record sites.

If someone cheats and I finish 8th that week instead of 7th, you know what? It doesn't change my life one bit.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

For those of us that are naturally competitive, cheaters ruin most of the fun in contests. Yes, the video was a little drawn out, but the guy is obviously passionate about this topic and rightfully so, particularly when/where prizes are concerned. 

Cameras are a dime a dozen today and have been for years. If you've got the time to waste playing video games competitively and are posting pie-in-the-sky scores, you've got the time to waste proving your legitimacy.

These thoughts among others (like mixing emulation and real hardware in said contests) that may not be "popular" among certain people, are why I typically choose not to participate in most high score contests. Play for fun all day if you want on your own time but when it comes to contests, there should be high standards and integrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As has been mentioned in previous HSC threads, so many other variables are at play in the HSC, outside (I'd like to hope) the RARE cheater.  PAL vs NTSC, Real Hardware vs Emulation, Original Controls vs Modified/3rd Party, yadda yadda.   That's why we random draw the prizes among the 8 finalists in each of the GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE brackets.  To at least not make it too tempting for mongrel cheaters to go outside the HSC gentlemen's agreement.

And Yes ... If you're willing to disrespect Vocelli's hard work by cheating .... you're a mongrel! 🧐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Friend of mine sent me this link this morning. I have been saying for years that there are some questionable things have been going on. Modified joysticks, using glitches and somehow modifying emulation videos. All of Oyamas and Liduarios scores should be removed. Shame! Shame! 

Back then you thought I had a dam nice score only by seeing my picture. Why have you changed into "all of my scores should be removed"?

In the same post you only gave us your 290190 pic of Frostbite. By the same rule, all your scores should also be removed.

On 7/20/2013 at 9:18 PM, Northcoastgamer said:

290,190. 21 = +2 bonus. Wish I had more time for this one, swamped with work. Dam nice score Lid!

post-34612-0-99511000-1374365799_thumb.jpg

About Oyama, I remember you pointed him  cheating in your H.E.R.O knock out challenge.

I only can imagine the work he had to fully prove he was playing fair and we were discovering a bug in H.E.R.O. code for points. Do you remember?

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

About Northcoastgamer saying for years about questionable things:

On 11/5/2015 at 4:21 AM, S.BAZ said:

it looks like just an unexplained anomaly in the scoring that happens here & there. (Northcoast has also said it looks legit)

so, the score is no longer in question

oyamafamily wins the Gold Medal with a final score of 2-1

On 11/2/2015 at 2:17 PM, oyamafamily said:

Pay attention in the following videos:

1) H.E.R.O. Gameplay - Atari 2600 via CONSOLE! - 91,105 points (record by Gleen Case)

At 4:22 mark in the video below, you will see 52,150 on the score (it's Level 9). After Gleen used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 52,275 points. So, the score should be 52,225! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

This video has been recorded via camera and Gleen Case used an original Atari 2600 Console.

2) ScoreGround - Atari 2600 - H.E.R.O.: 166,070 - User: Metaljesusrocks

NOTES in this video: Played on Atari 2600 Jr with real 2600 joystick through an old VHS to Macbook for video capture. The trick is to use a real 2600 joystick, as the game is perfectly tuned to it.

At 3:53 mark in the video below, you will see 52,240 on the score (again, it's Level 9). After Metal Jesus used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 52,365 points. So, the correct score should be 52,315! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

3) H.E.R.O. Level 9 Run, played by me on Stella 4.0, using 2 versions: the American (NTSC) by Activision and the European (PAL) by Ariola (video attached). To enter Level 9, I selected Game 3.

First, the American Version, starts at 0:00 mark. At 0:25 mark, I used a stick of dynamite and the score was 575 points; after this action, the score jumped to 700 when the correct is 650 points.

Second, the European Version, starts at 0:48 mark. At 1:11 mark, I used a stick of dynamite and the score was 625 points; after this action, the score jumped to 750 when the correct is 700 points.

In both versions, the dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

4) GBA Activision Anthology HERO 1 Million Points, by me (oyamafamily)

At 5:33 mark in the video below, you will see 55,290 on the score (it's Level 9). After I used a stick of dynamite (75 points), the score jumped to 55,415 points when the correct should be 55,365! The dynamite was next to the wall in order to explode.

This video has been recorded with aTube Catcher and the emulator used is VisualBoy Advance.

NOTE 1: Although the speed of this game is slow, the Framerate on Visual Boy was adjusted to 60 FPS, and the percentage varied between 95-100% of 60 FPS, as you can see on the Titie Bar.

NOTE 2: I used Fast Forward on Visual Boy Advance Emulator (Spacebar button) at the moment I rescued a miner (transition between levels) and at the moment I lost a life (transition between lives) in the video below. Fast Forward I only use when the score submission type is NORMAL POINTS.

CONCLUSION: By paying the closest attention in these videos above, I conclude that it's a bug in this specific game. So, I didn't used saves or other cheats. To achieve my ultimate score on H.E.R.O., I just used European (PAL) version by Ariola and played in the correct settings, and pressed F12 (Save Snapahot) after I lost the first life. The European Version I took from H.E.R.O. Contest on the NEW HSC Season 4, Week 34, Double Points Weeks.

HERO Level 9.wmv 6.74 MB · 147 downloads

On 11/2/2015 at 1:22 PM, Northcoastgamer said:

I've watched your video twice so far Mr Oyama and there are some major flaws with it. At the 2:31 mark your score is 37,625, after using a stick of dynamite, score jumps to 37,750, when it should have went to 37,700. Using a stick of dynamite is 75 points, not 125 points. At the 11:05 mark your score is 181,765, score goes to 181,890, when it should have been 181,840. At the 22:13 mark your score is 364,375, then jumps to 364,500, when it should have been 364,450. Everywhere else in the video shows you getting 75 points for using a dynamite stick. The way I see it, you used save states and edited your video to make it look like it was a complete game. Care to explain yourself Wilson? Proof is in the pudding!

3 hours ago, save2600 said:

Play for fun all day if you want on your own time but when it comes to contests, there should be high standards and integrity.

The HSC has always been a friendly competition. Like rec league softball, we keep track of who wins and loses, but it's more about doing something we enjoy in the (virtual) company of like-minded people. If high standards and integrity important to you, there are other sites for that. Let the HSC stay fun and informal. There's plenty of room for both.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, jblenkle said:

Does cheating go on...yeah, probably...and it's unfortunate some people have to get their thrills that way. But I play for fun and when you start requiring complete videos, etc. of your high score it takes the fun out of it. I personally don't easily have a way to take videos off my TV when playing on real hardware. Sometimes even a screenshot is a hassle depending on how fast the score disappears. Most of the HSCs here on AtariAge run on the honor system which is fine with me, but proven cheaters probably should be banned.

This pretty much summarizes how I feel about it, too. I'm not expecting myself to set any records on anything (nor am I really trying to do so). This isn't really the platform for that mindset (or at least I think most people aren't thinking this way, I could be wrong).

All of that being said, if you're cheating in this platform (or cheating in anything really!)... you suck! You're a piece of garbage and a silly goose! I don't want you here and kindly go away!

• Like 5

I also would like to point the fact NorthCoastGamer has many scores on highscore.com with only a picture, not any more evidence. So is it fair that he calls me a cheater because my frostbite score had an incomplete video that ends after 30 minutes of play and the picture, for some reason, wasn't there when I revisited that site? I had a picture just as good as many of NorthCoastGamer's pictures.

I would never call him a cheater nor ask for his removal from AtariAge.

Also we both disputed a whole season and I ended in second place with just a few points short of his. If I was a cheater, why I didn't won by cheating one or two games and grabbed his first place? His accusation is nonsense.

It's a shame that he, as well as the author of that video, comes to offend me. I even discovered a site where I was listed as cheater after that video.  This situation makes me want to just quit playing and posting online here or in any place.

1 hour ago, ZilchSr said:

Dude ... you got busted. Stop blaming the manifestations of your own nefarious actions on others.

1. As I said in my original submition in Highscore.com I'm not sure I've uploaded that picture with the video. That's because it happened many years before.

But when I see my CRT, I know for sure I was playing on real hardware because I never use emulation with that CRT.

2. I didn't take the video out of youtube, but yesterday I disabled public comment to avoid beeing ofended there. I guess the video went offline for a little.

3. I have no problem with the cost of a camera. I do have a problem with setting a cam every time I start a game. I play for fun and recording all time I play takes kills the fun for me.

3. I didn't go all internet writing in my defense, I just went to highscore where you were accusing me, to this site where northcoastgamer is asking my removal and I emailed ataricompedium after they listed me in the banned list. Their site provide the e-mail for corrections.

4. Yes, your analyses of the picture doesn't prove anything as even you admit it! And I state there's nothing fishy with it. 

5. I admit the 477k points mentioned in my own video doesn't make any sense at all. What happened?

Even I can't believe I got my all time record and typed it wrong after uploading to youtube! Did I post it in highscore.com the video thinking it was from the 552k successful attempt? I can't know for sure and I certainly don't remember.

No doubt it was a careless submition but I didn't cheat, I hadn't any reason to lie.

It's sad I can't explain my error and I can't remember what happened when I wrote 477k, it's been a long time.

Either if I was on error or I've lied, unfortunately, to me it's impossible to prove in the same way to you it's impossible to prove a legit picture was fabricated.

Yes, now I'm considering to record a new attempt to break my frostbite record, not for ZilchSr who offended me and admitted he likes to offend me in highscore.com but for my own image.

I just don't know how long it would take me to beat my record again. I play Frostbite since I was a kid and it could take a long time to top my best performance.

• Haha 1

Also, even if I get my a full recorded score better than -edited *that- one; I will not continue to participate posting on internet.

It takes only one bad uploaded evidence to make people think you cheated or lied and your real name get spammed for something you didn't.

grammar correction

1 hour ago, LidLikesIntellivision said:

1. As I said in my original submition in Highscore.com I'm not sure I've uploaded that picture with the video. That's because it happened many years before.

But when I see my CRT, I know for sure I was playing on real hardware because I never use emulation with that CRT.

2. I didn't take the video out of youtube, but yesterday I disabled public comment to avoid beeing ofended there. I guess the video went offline for a little.

3. I have no problem with the cost of a camera. I do have a problem with setting a cam every time I start a game. I play for fun and recording all time I play takes kills the fun for me.

3. I didn't go all internet writing in my defense, I just went to highscore where you were accusing me, to this site where northcoastgamer is asking my removal and I emailed ataricompedium after they listed me in the banned list. Their site provide the e-mail for corrections.

4. Yes, your analyses of the picture doesn't prove anything as even you admit it! And I state there's nothing fishy with it. 

5. I admit the 477k points mentioned in my own video doesn't make any sense at all. What happened?

Even I can't believe I got my all time record and typed it wrong after uploading to youtube! Did I post it in highscore.com the video thinking it was from the 552k successful attempt? I can't know for sure and I certainly don't remember.

No doubt it was a careless submition but I didn't cheat, I hadn't any reason to lie.

It's sad I can't explain my error and I can't remember what happened when I wrote 477k, it's been a long time.

Either if I was on error or I've lied, unfortunately, to me it's impossible to prove in the same way to you it's impossible to prove a legit picture was fabricated.

Yes, now I'm considering to record a new attempt to break my frostbite record, not for ZilchSr who offended me and admitted he likes to offend me in highscore.com but for my own image.

I just don't know how long it would take me to beat my record again. I play Frostbite since I was a kid and it could take a long time to top my best performance.

I'm not your attorney, but if I were, it would certainly be this point where I would advise you that it would likely be in your own best interest to discontinue talking about this whole fiasco. The more you say, the more you indict yourself.

For example:

You said, "As I said in my original submition in Highscore.com I'm not sure I've uploaded that picture with the video.", but your comments on Highscore.com clearly state, "If I remember correclty, I put a picture with my final score of 552,590 when I submitted this socre. Now I only see my video which, unfortunately, doesn't show the final score." Here, you have declared that you submitted this video, and you had originally thought you had uploaded the picture of with the "final score" (your words, not mine) with the video. 5 years later, you said you "found the original picture". That would lead any observer, casual *or* astute, to conclude that your picture was the final score that your video failed to capture. You are doubling down on your lie, dude.

You said, "I didn't take the video out of youtube." Nobody has suggested that you did. Strawman argument.

You said, "I have no problem with the cost of a camera." Nobody suggested that you did. Strawman argument.

You said, "I play for fun..." Clearly, that's not the case. This is *obviously* EXTRAORDINARILY important to you for some reason.

You said, "recording all time I play takes kills the fun for me." - uh .. okay ... so don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Do you honestly believe for one second that the sole issue here is you not recording your performances on video? If that's what you think after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll that's been said, then you haven't been paying attention *or* you HAVE been paying attention, but you're just deflecting AGAIN.

You said, "I didn't go all internet writing in my defense..." Nobody suggested that you did. I clearly stated that you went to "all of the high score sites" and also "trolled on my YouTube channel", which you did. I even listed out the places you went with specificity - AtariAge, Atari Compendium, Highscore.com, and my YouTube channel.

You said, "I just went to highscore where you were accusing me, to this site where northcoastgamer is asking my removal and I emailed ataricompedium after they listed me in the banned list" ... uh ... I think you're forgetting one, there, buddy.

You said, "I state there's nothing fishy with it." ... and that's your subjective opinion, which you are entitled to have ... just like I'm entitled as well.

You said, "I admit the 477k points mentioned in my own video doesn't make any sense at all" - No, it sure doesn't. Nice to see that you are capable of being honest for a change. Unfortunately, such honesty comes *only* after being outed, then you going all-in defending your score and your methods of submission on that specific score with that specific evidence including the video, and then being outed again for lying. Seriously ... you should have led with that ... but you didn't, and it is clear why.

You said, "I hadn't any reason to lie." - You are demonstrating RIGHT NOW that you indeed have EVERY reason to lie. You believe your lies will cover up your past lies to do some desperately needed face-saving. Not sure that's possible at this point.

You said, "No doubt it was a careless submition but I didn't cheat" - I gave you AMPLE opportunity to say that, however, instead of *leading* with this argument, you continued to defend posting that video and insisting the result of that video was 552K. You made your own bed, here, dude. You now not wanting to lay in it is a *you* problem. Now that you literally have no other recourse, your argument devolves into "careless mistake". CLASSIC.

You said, "now I'm considering to record a new attempt to break my frostbite record" - Nobody cares.

You said, "and admitted he likes to offend me in highscore.com" - Ah .. another moment of accuracy. I do indeed have no problem with offending cheaters and liars, with the understanding that telling the truth is offensive to some, especially to those who are inherently dishonest. If this bothers you, then the solution is simple: Don't be a cheater and/or a liar, and then you'll have nothing to worry about, no?

You *obviously* CARE A WHOLE LOT about this score, evidenced by the fact that you haven't removed it. If it wasn't that important to you, you would have already done what I did, and that is remove the score due to the controversy ... but like all liars and cheaters who become incorrigible and refuse to correct the error until they realize they have no other choice but to do so solely to salvage whatever little integrity (if any) they have left, you haven't done it. Okay ... so you care a lot about it. Fine with me ... just goes to show you lied about that, too, when you projected this feeling of inadequacy onto me when you accused me of caring about the score too much.

"There's nothing to rectify." - Liduario, 6.24.19 <-- Do you remember saying that to me? You had PLENTY of opportunity ... and you squandered it.

Again ... I'm not your lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but you have been given wise counsel in the matter. It's up to you to take it ... and there's no charge. You're welcome.

Edited by ZilchSr
Clarification

25 minutes ago, LidLikesIntellivision said:

I don't know if my corrected score submitted will continue available if it gets less than 80% approval and, thus, don't get registered as a higscore.com record.

So I'm pasting what I wrote there:

"""This is an old record I had submitted in 8-29-2013 as you can see in the first time I submitted it.

In 2014-05-21 I revisited the score and I discovered there wasn't the picture you now see above. I just stated publicly the following: "(05/03/2014) If I remember correclty, I put a picture with my final score of 552,590 when I submitted this socre. Now I only see my video which, unfortunately, doesn't show the final score. Well, at least the video shows some skills to get this score (and was voted as a legit one).

But I left the page with only the video as evidence, you can watch the video here: https://youtu.be/UOzd8ODkGSQ

Only in 2018-02-11, when I found the picture of my score, I put a link to everyone.

Just yesterday, I realized that the video couldn't be of my 552k score. In the same video I had described it as a game that ended with 477,730.

That was a mistake on my part, I've submitted my score careless, I didn't upload the picture and I pointed to a video that doesn't relate to this score.

It wasn't intentional and if anyone had showed me that error, I would correct it as I always correct any mistake I make in a public and open way.

So, knowing people had voted this 552,590 score based on a wrong evidence (submitted only by mistake); I am now submitting my score of 552,590 once again. This time with the right evidence.

-- Posted by Liduario on 2019-06-27 13:36:20   Reply

I've said " as you can see in the first time I submitted it". This was the link ( http://www.highscore.com/scores/Atari2600/Frostbite/21 ) I hope it's still available even after submitting another score!

-- Posted by Liduario on 2019-06-27 13:38:12   Reply"""

Anyone caught cheating in the AtariAge HSC should be no longer allowed to participate. If you take your game seriously enough to submit scores to places like highscore.com (and the like) you are clearly in it for more than just friendly play. If anyone chooses to ruin the fun of the rest of the crowd with ill gotten scores and trickery? Shame on you. If you have a score that is debated you should be willing to provide full video evidence of the game play from start to finish. If you are not willing to do so then your score is invalid. I will be taking this up with the Administration to see what can be done to make sure situations like this have a format and protocol to be delt with. AtariAge is a great group of friends and like minded individuals. That comradery does not include cheaters.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Anyone caught cheating in the AtariAge HSC should be no longer allowed to participate. If you take your game seriously enough to submit scores to places like highscore.com (and the like) you are clearly in it for more than just friendly play. If anyone chooses to ruin the fun of the rest of the crowd with ill gotten scores and trickery? Shame on you. If you have a score that is debated you should be willing to provide full video evidence of the game play from start to finish. If you are not willing to do so then your score is invalid. I will be taking this up with the Administration to see what can be done to make sure situations like this have a format and protocol to be delt with. AtariAge is a great group of friends and like minded individuals. That comradery does not include cheaters.

Why would a cheater make a false picture and don't upload it when submitting his score? (The picture was uploaded in AtariAge BEFORE I finaly found it again to upload to highscore.com)

Why would a cheater provide false video proof while in the same video writes it's for a score lower than the one he's trying to get approved?

It's like asking someone for directions, he says take the 2nd on the right and gives you a paper saying take the 3rd on the right. Is he a lier or is it a mistake?

--edit

I'm quotting you to bring your reasoning to my particular case. It seems you were talking in general, not specific about me.

adding piece of info

44 minutes ago, LidLikesIntellivision said:

--edit

I'm quotting you to bring your reasoning to my particular case. It seems you were talking in general, not specific about me.

I kept my post generalized without pointing any fingers for that very reason. If anyone finds themselves in a situation where a score and it's provenance are in question that is something that needs to be addressed. If someone is able to continuously get roughly the same score I would advise making a full unedited recording of the game from start to finish to subside any questions as to the scores validity. If that isn't provided when a score is in question, it's my opinion (one that is shared by many others as well) the score should be removed.

Also, If any score can be proven to have been achieved by nefarious methods? That person should be excluded from future participation. One strike and you're out. There is no room for such behavior at all and should be acted on swiftly to resume  the fair play others enjoy and should expect.

For people who play using StellaBandicam is the best program I have ever used to record video with sound. Doesn't seem to be any lag. I used Stella and Bandicam when I was trying to get a single-round high score on E.T.:

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et-tips.html#high_scores

[I just noticed that the video for it has one thumbs down and no thumbs up, so don't expect anyone to give a crap if you record yourself playing a game. :D]

Now that I have Windows 10, every time I start an emulator, a popup slides in asking me if I want to broadcast my game to the world or something. I haven't used it, so I can't compare it to Bandicam.

I don't understand..

We have the honor system in the HSC.

I have no reason to think anyone is cheating.

Liduario has always given very thoughtful contributions to the HSC for fairness and gaming ideas/input -- I think a valuable and (for me) much appreciated member of the high score clubs.  He also seems to me like a really genuinely good guy.  I can't imagine suspecting him of cheating.  If his evidence was insufficient for a score on HS.com that's one thing, but cheating is an entirely different thing and I see no evidence for that.

Just as Lid said, in order for me to call him cheater I would literally have to be over here thinking that everybody here must be trying to get away with cheating.

The honor system is intended so that we don't have to have accusations and drama about cheating, and I think that is very important for the success of the HSC, everybody having fun challenging themselves and having friends who also love classic gaming.

oyamafamily was accused of cheating years ago because of his method for getting a big score in Desert Falcon, even though he was transparent about how he did it and left it up to everyone and ultimately the mod to decide if that's within the rules, or crossing the line into unfair point-leeching.  It was just a matter of discussing exactly what crosses the line in that situation, as it was not a cut-and-dry example of illegal tactics.  The decision was made and oyama removed his posting.  Not a big deal in my mind.  No harm done.  No reason to holler "cheater."  We have had other scores using questionable tactics where the gamer was open about how they did it, and in some cases it was decided not to be allowed and the score removed... but no one called them cheaters. 

Even when one player did cheat, and admitted it, all we did was delete all his points for that season and say please don't do that. Everything was still cool and he kept playing with us and no one raised a stink.

For some reason people have kept accusing oyamafamily as though that Desert Falcon situation had been something different, something much worse.  All this bad-mouthing has given him a bad reputation and made him an easy target for finger-pointing.  And all stemming from a non-issue that got blown out of proportion.  A score that didn't even count, due to his own transparency and a long discussion on whether that tactic should be allowed or not.  It could have easily been ruled allowable.

I truly hope we can move forward without suspecting/accusing one another.

I don't mean any disrespect to you, Northcoastgamer. I greatly appreciate all your work here, and am a big admirer of your gaming tenacity!

I trust your intent is for eveyone to play fair.

But I just don't think these guys are cheating.

And we need to honor our honor system!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lid seems to just have some mixed up scores and photos from different game plays. A fresh play with a new clean video from start to finish will erase any discrepancies for him\her without issue.   

If that video from OymaFamily is actually spliced together as the video author claims? That would be a totally different story. I know of Oyma to be a very good player so it would be sad if that was found out to be true. I've not played in the HSC for many years but I can't stand hearing that there could be underhanded play going on here at AtariAge. Leave that kinda crap for the Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers of the world. On a whole, we as a group, are above such garbage I believe everyone will agree.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

If that video from OymaFamily is actually spliced together as the video author claims? That would be a totally different story. I know of Oyma to be a very good player so it would be sad if that was found out to be true. 

Sadly, my claims on this one example (out of dozens I have discovered) are easily verified by simply going to Wilson Oyama's own YouTube channel so you can check for yourself. You do not need to take my word for it. 5 minutes, 7 seconds into the video, the splicing is quite evident even without a sound-power-level/spectrogram digital analysis ... which has also been done, and shown at the bottom.

Here's the link ... 

... and here is digital confirmation that it was spliced. You do not have to take my word for it, either. Please feel free to run your own audio spectrogram on his own video on his channel. It will reveal the same result.

1344792202_WilsonOyama-MissileCommandSplice1of7.thumb.jpg.676394a9df16c4fd8047d7f0fed19bc2.jpg

Missile Command loops the same alarm audio sample 8 times during game play, and each segment's representation area on a spectrogram is supposed to be the same size, because the sample being looped is the same sample. Clearly, you can see the first splice (quite blatant) at 5:08.25, chopping off the 4th loop about a third of the way through it.

As I said in my second video (linked above), I'm certain that Wilson is a nice guy ... and likely helpful, too. Being a good player, and/or nice, and/or helpful over a period of years does not exempt him from scrutiny. As I acknowledged in the video, people who are good players, nice, and helpful can also be cheaters. I appreciate the fact that this may be an uncomfortable realization for those who have known him for years ... it would be uncomfortable for me, too, if one of my online friends who I have known for years were a confirmed cheater. It is indeed sad and unfortunate.

Regards,

ZilchSr

12 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

... and here is digital confirmation that it was spliced. You do not have to take my word for it, either. Please feel free to run your own audio spectrogram on his own video on his channel. It will reveal the same result.

I'm certain that Wilson is a nice guy ... and likely helpful, too. Being a good player, and/or nice, and/or helpful over a period of years does not exempt him from scrutiny. As I acknowledged in the video, people who are good players, nice, and helpful can also be cheaters.

I agree and understand that people who are otherwise known to be good folks can do bad things and are not exempt from scrutiny in any way. So sorry to see this is playing out how you have pointed out. It's a real shame and it's my hope that any and all found to be cheating on the AtariAge HSC will no longer be allowed to participate in the future.