IGNORED

Atari Vox Question

Tempest

Yes, you can do it with an audio mixer pretty easily.  I bought several small audio mixers that I can use to combine the audio from the 2600 with the AtariVox and then send that audio to the audio input of a television, receiver, or some speakers. Works pretty well, and I use them at shows also when I have an AtariVox hooked up to a 2600 or 7800.

image.png

I bought them here:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/333335-REG/Galaxy_Audio_JIB_R_JIB_R_Jack_In_The.html

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tempest said:

Looks like you need a stereo jack to rca jack converter too though. 

Depends what you're doing -- my 2600s all have stereo output, so I don't need to do anything there.  For the AtariVox, I use a mini-stereo connector that goes to two RCA connectors to plug into the other input of this box.  For the output, I use a cable with a mono, large headphone connector (plugs into this box) and with a single male RCA connector on the other end that plugs into whatever audio device I'm dealing with.  Usually I'm plugging these into Commodore 1702s that only have a single mono audio input, so that works well.  If you're using a device that doesn't recognize you're using a mono source, you may need to buy a splitter to turn that signal into two RCA connectors for stereo inputs so you don't have output on just one side.

..Al

• Like 1

Should be pretty simple, mini-headphone (mono) to single RCA male for the AtariVox, then RCA patch cable (dual RCA male connectors on both ends) from your 2600 to two inputs on the mixer, then another dual-RCA patch cable to your receiver or TV.  You can even maintain the stereo nature of your A/V mod with this mixer using the knobs to keep the Atari 2600's left channel on the left, and right on the right.  I may need one of these boxes myself.  :D

..Al

I'm not some electronics hobbyist that likes to tinker with cables, mixers, converters or whathaveyous but I would like to enjoy some of the AtariVox enhanced games.  I like to keep things as simple as possible.  My ideal situation would be to have AtariVox capability in the 2600 core of the CollectorVision Phoenix, rather than also buy the AtariVox for my 2600.  I know a cartridge adapter from CollectorVision would probably be needed too for that to be useful but is it something you'd be open to?  I guess CollectorVision would have to work with AtariAge to make that happen? Maybe it's already in the works?  That would be good.

Edited by insertclevernamehere

One thought I had was using my heavy sixer and mounting the speakers for the Atari Vox in the holes inside the case.  Unfortunately my heavy sixer isn't A/V modded so that idea didn't pan out.  I still think that would be a nice way to do it though.