IGNORED

blackbox (and others?) unable to use atariage.com

kl99

3 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

Getting back to the original question: I have noticed that the new forum is extremely slow at loading pages. Has anyone else seen this?

I’m on here at all hours and from weird places, and it seems OK to me.

What’s your network speed like?

www.fast.com is an easy speed test 

and what browser are you using? 

Initially I found the forum more responsive than before, but it looks like background migration tasks are still running and today I have found delayed loading times.  I would guess the tasks are working in areas which require a little more ooomph.

Just now, OLD CS1 said:

Initially I found the forum more responsive than before, but it looks like background migration tasks are still running and today I have found delayed loading times.  I would guess the tasks are working in areas which require a little more ooomph.

No, they are completed, something else is going on.  Again, I'll have time to dig into this properly next week.

..Al

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

The slow loading of the Forums pages (specific forums that show a list of threads, like the Atari 8-bit Forum) is definitely slow and not related to network speed.

..Al

I wonder if number of pages has anything to do with it?

10 seconds = 53 pages

13 seconds = 77 pages

21 seconds = 590 pages

Just now, senior_falcon said:

Looking good. The speed is back to normal. Thanks!

I found the two plugins that were causing the slowdowns.  One is one of the "Indefinite Editing" plugins, the other is a new Topic Attachments plugin that shows the attachment icon next to threads that have attachments, and if you click on it it pops up a nice window that lets you view all of them (some threads have thousands of attachments). However, Invision kindly removed the "attachments" column in the topics table, so this requires an additional query to pull in that data.  The author is going to look at a better way of doing that tomorrow.  Haven't heard from the "Indefinite Editing" author yet, but he's over in Europe and probably sleeping. :D

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1