What kind of crack are you talking about on that CC:FF7 game, like a hard crack, or the seam split so the disc can fall out of the white frame?

I'm only asking because if you do split it that's one game I'd be interest in (along with maybe maybe MMX) and that memory stick adapter.

Actually I don't think you're off base with your price, at least as a bundle. a "pretty" 3000 model can hit 100 just for what it came with originally if it's pretty well cared for.  The 2000 model for some is more desirable, some others not, but the main guts of it match the 2000 so it's not that lower.  If someone just wanted the system and its original pack-in stuff you could drop it a bit and do that alone, but the games they're all like $10-15 titles so you're not in the wrong with that kind of bundle value.

That crack is an oddity.  I've got this bundle in the mail with the 3000 replacement I got and I never seen it before but a cheap dollar baseball title had 2/3 of the clear plastic front part pushed down into the disc on top, couldn't pop it back in so whatever glue or whatever happened it just won't set anymore so I dumped it.  I've got another dollar dumper where the white frame is popped slightly which is good, with care it's not that hard to re-seal that as I've done it before so it's not obvious at all.  That CCFF7 game would be a prime candidate for a spare shell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That crack is an oddity.  I've got this bundle in the mail with the 3000 replacement I got and I never seen it before but a cheap dollar baseball title had 2/3 of the clear plastic front part pushed down into the disc on top, couldn't pop it back in so whatever glue or whatever happened it just won't set anymore so I dumped it.  I've got another dollar dumper where the white frame is popped slightly which is good, with care it's not that hard to re-seal that as I've done it before so it's not obvious at all.  That CCFF7 game would be a prime candidate for a spare shell.

Yeah I was kinda disappointed in the UMD case quality when I was looking around for Crisis Core. The store I bought mine at had like 4-5 copies, but all the disc cases were broken in one way or another. This was the "least broken" of the group. It does push in ever so slightly, but it's not broken enough that the disc can come out from what I can tell. I had it taped previously, but I removed that for the time as I couldn't get it on as well as I'd like. 

9 hours ago, KeeperofLindblum said:

Yeah I was kinda disappointed in the UMD case quality when I was looking around for Crisis Core. The store I bought mine at had like 4-5 copies, but all the disc cases were broken in one way or another. This was the "least broken" of the group. It does push in ever so slightly, but it's not broken enough that the disc can come out from what I can tell. I had it taped previously, but I removed that for the time as I couldn't get it on as well as I'd like. 

That's a shame sheesh, stupid shippers or owners (second hand store?) getting too violent with a fragile piece of plastic.  I have repaired a few over the years getting very very precise and specific in applying super glue and a toothpick in the past, and now easier with super glue gel as it doesn't run/drip and a metal pick I have.  I had got Ghost in the Shell (game) a couple weeks back and the shell was popped open and it worked out great like the past did with the liquid glue but easier as it's gel.

If you do end up breaking it up and I did pop for CCFF7 I've got a ghetto game I got in a lot not worth a buck with a partly popped shell that would work out.