IGNORED

ColecoVision Internal Power Modification

Ikrananka

Around 10 years ago I purchased and installed an internal power supply for, what was at the time, my main ColecoVision.  This actually took quite a few iterations to figure out the mounting hardware, connections etc.  At that time I actually purchased two power supplies with the intention of documenting the mod so that others could see how I did it.  Well, it's only taken me 10 years to get around to installing the second power supply, this time into an F18A modded ColecoVision, which is my current main ColecoVision.

While I'm providing the attached document for information only, I appreciate any feedback.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The installation document has been updated to v1.1 after I discovered a fairly major error in the positioning of the power supply in the v1.0 instructions.  If you downloaded the v1.0 document then please do NOT use it, instead delete it and use the V1.1 instructions instead.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

ColecoVision Internal Power Modification v1.1.pdf

Edited by Ikrananka
Updated document to v1.1
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, scotty said:

https://console5.com/store/colusb-usb-power-supply-for-the-colecovision-colecoplug.html

This is all you need.   Save yourself the time and trouble.  Works great.

Did you even read my document?  On the page 2 I clearly state that the process is long and complicated.  On page 4 I clearly recommend the ColUSB power supply as an alternative if an internal power supply isn't for you and provide the link to buy it from the dragonbox.de website.

I completed this document as (i) I had promised to document this procedure many years ago (before the ColUSB existed) but never got round to it and so wanted to at long last provide it for historical/information purposes, and (ii) there were still a few people who had recently expressed significant interest in me completing the document and seeing what the installation process entails.

For me the "time and trouble" was/is more than worth it and I love having internal power supplies in two of my ColecoVisions.  They also "work great".  This may also be the case for some other people and it is for those people that I compiled the document.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

IMPORTANT NOTE: The installation document from the first post has been updated to v1.1 after I discovered a fairly major error in the positioning of the power supply in the v1.0 instructions.  If you downloaded the v1.0 document then please do NOT use it, instead delete it and use the V1.1 instructions instead.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, Ikrananka said:

Did you even read my document?  On the page 2 I clearly state that the process is long and complicated.  On page 4 I clearly recommend the ColUSB power supply as an alternative if an internal power supply isn't for you and provide the link to buy it from the dragonbox.de website.

I completed this document as (i) I had promised to document this procedure many years ago (before the ColUSB existed) but never got round to it and so wanted to at long last provide it for historical/information purposes, and (ii) there were still a few people who had recently expressed significant interest in me completing the document and seeing what the installation process entails.

For me the "time and trouble" was/is more than worth it and I love having internal power supplies in two of my ColecoVisions.  They also "work great".  This may also be the case for some other people and it is for those people that I compiled the document.

A very well written and illustrated documentation for those who desire this internal modification. Thank you for your effort expended for the ColecoVision community. I just may give it a try after the F18A Modification.

• Thanks 1