IGNORED

Model 100/102 Ram modules

gbennett0321

I recently acquired a fully working Model 100 laptop. Sadly, it only has the stock 8K of ram. Does anyone know where I can purchase additional ram modules? I'd hate to purchase another Model 100 off ebay just to pillage its ram. Club 100 (http://www.club100.org/) used to sell ram, but their online store shuttered some time ago. Hopefully one of you helpful people can direct me to another source.

Greg Bennett

6 hours ago, gbennett0321 said:

I recently acquired a fully working Death Star

Greg Bennett

Don't quote me on this, but there were several other devices using the OEM(?) M100 design, from Olivetti, NEC, and Kyocera. Sorry, hazy memory, though my point is that you might find searching for memory for one of these other models may be more fruitful... if they are indeed pin-compatible.  Someone also sold cloned memory on eBay as recently as 2016, unfortunately the chip in mine is hard to read, it says something like "poiner", plus I can't quite make out the last letter, it might be a "v"  I may have bought it from Arcadeshopper.com.

11 hours ago, towmater said:

Don't quote me on this, but there were several other devices using the OEM(?) M100 design, from Olivetti, NEC, and Kyocera. Sorry, hazy memory, though my point is that you might find searching for memory for one of these other models may be more fruitful... if they are indeed pin-compatible.  Someone also sold cloned memory on eBay as recently as 2016, unfortunately the chip in mine is hard to read, it says something like "poiner", plus I can't quite make out the last letter, it might be a "v"  I may have bought it from Arcadeshopper.com.

Arcadeshopper.com does appear to have the modules.  Thanks for the info

• 1 month later...