IGNORED

[SOLD]: NeoGeo MagicKey 2 & 161n1

I have for sale a NeoTeam Magic Key II (MVS to AES adapter) + MVS 161-n-1 banana cart.

The Magic Key II is the blue version (not the green version) updated to the then latest firmware (2.0), ideally all official MVS games should play with it but I have not tried any besides the aforementioned banana cart.

Both of them are yours in bundle for 155 USD + S&H (Paypal friend and family, US only).

The Magic Key II has been modded with a switch to allow disabling the onboard unibios, the banana cart has been modded to add a couple of capacitors on the 2 sound traces to relieve the fact that sometimes volume suddenly jumps/drops.

I tested the bundle as of 8/11/2019 at 8:30PM and it all worked (I tried SVC chaos+, AeroFighter 2, Andro Dunos out of the banana cart).

Interesting fact about the Magic Key II adapter: when NeoTeam built it they copied the onboard unibios without Razoola permission, they settled and paid Razoola partially via a certain number of these adapters that he had to sell himself, this is one of those adapters that I bought directly from him .... it's not really different than the regular ones, there's no Razoola autograph or anything to prove one way or another, just a fun fact about it (it comes in it's original box).

Note that the Magic Key II onboard Unibios does not work with the MVS 161-n-1 banana cart so you have to keep the switch on the off position when playing it, but the combo works just fine if you have a Unibios ROM installed on your AES motherboard instead (and you should definitely have one), the combo works perfectly with Unibios 4 pick'n'mix feature (instant play of about 95 distinct MVS games, not even NeoSD pro to RAM is that fast).

IMG_20190626_205843.thumb.jpg.52aafea6338c68b531619fdac2336b9d.jpgIMG_20190626_205916.thumb.jpg.52b89f3db4e4f159252c62c6604aa825.jpgIMG_20190626_205931.thumb.jpg.34a67b1f1ba6835a0fc2be6caeffe843.jpgIMG_20190626_210055.thumb.jpg.2ff9eb2b3257d35bcc43cdedbb4ebe8b.jpg

Bump.

If you don't think this is the right price feel free to offer.

The Magic Key II (green) on eBay is still around 300+USD (can't find a place to compare for the blue), the banana cart is around 70 .... if you have an UniBios4 with pick'n'mix the fact that you can play instantaneously 95 or so MVS games makes this combo worthy imho, any other bios still allows the cart selection menu to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @phoenixdownita, I don't have an Neo-GEO AES, but have been looking to get one maybe in the near future. If I get a stock (no mods/unibios) AES, does it need any modification to use the MagicKey adapter there with the Multicart with the switch in the off position? (I'm assuming it's a multicart.). I'm not quite understanding your post in terms of compatibility. 

11 hours ago, RockyRaccoon said:

Hey @phoenixdownita, I don't have an Neo-GEO AES, but have been looking to get one maybe in the near future. If I get a stock (no mods/unibios) AES, does it need any modification to use the MagicKey adapter there with the Multicart with the switch in the off position? (I'm assuming it's a multicart.). I'm not quite understanding your post in terms of compatibility. 

The MagicKey has a hackish version of "Unibios" onboard that clashes with the MVS 161-in-1, with the switch in the off position the MagicKey onboard Unibios is disabled and the MVS 161-n-1 boots to the normal selection menu. Yes 161-n-1 is a multicart with about 98 unique MVS games (the rest are bootlegs/hacks).

The switch was added to avoid during startup to having to press constantly that little black push button in the front (it does the same thing but it is not of the switch kind).

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, Tanooki said:

Maybe you should break it up?  If you ever do I'd be maybe a player on the banana cart.  I have one, but I can't seem to source the caps to fix the audio so I hate to use the thing, yet I have no use for the converter as I'm using an MVS already.

I'll think about it, but for now I just take another 10US$ off ... 155 + S&H

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...