IGNORED

XE Case for SDrive Max

chuckcaley

Beautiful design!  Thanks so much for the STLs.  My 3d printer gave up the ghost earlier this year and I really don't plan on getting another one.  Don't remember if you were based in UK or USA.  Would you make and ship one to USA?  My time is non-existent at the moment, but this design has made me finally decide that I need one of these devices.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chuckcaley said:

Here's my version of the XE Case for the Sdrive Max.

Here's the STL files for you to enjoy.

Happy printing. :)

That really is a fantastic design. Thank you for sharing back to the greater Atari community. :) 

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

My time is non-existent at the moment, but this design has made me finally decide that I need one of these devices.

They are incredibly handy! Make sure after you've programmed it to add one of @Mr Robot's simple mod PCB boards so you have the flexibility to use it with other physical SIO storage devices without the Arduino stealing the bus. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Beautiful design!  Thanks so much for the STLs.  My 3d printer gave up the ghost earlier this year and I really don't plan on getting another one.  Don't remember if you were based in UK or USA.  Would you make and ship one to USA?  My time is non-existent at the moment, but this design has made me finally decide that I need one of these devices.

I'm in the UK but I'm sure I can sort you one out. 

• Like 1

Thank you for releasing the case as you said you would but even sooner...The community loves things like this..

And for UK'er needing a Sdrive Max itself,  you might want to have a chat with this man....XL and XE designs...

Great guy, been ever so helpful re the SD Max...

It's just me I'm afraid at the moment. As for price I can do just the case for £13 that includes standard postage without tracking. Or I can do case sio cable (wired) with the sio fix for £18 with postage as above or the complete package for £47 and that includes the postage with tracking. On my eBay site the complete package would be £54 with the postage.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, chuckcaley said:

I used .2 for resolution infill was 25% I think and filament was prailine pla light grey. I printed on a prusa i3s using simplify3d. You might have to adjust your settings thou as the prusaslicer one was stringy.  

Thank you very much for answering my doubts, once you buy the necessary I will build this invention ;)

regards

Just proves the power of some kind words with a nice guy, the community has the lovely case to print to their hearts desire, a great UK etc supplier and a case with a stylus holder as a bonus..

And I didn't get one!!!  :)

Joking aside, I love my little SD Max, been a little treat for me and so useful and I'm happy with the loose stylus, I'd probably never put in back in to the case anyway :). And whoever it was that created this device deserves a huge drink / meal / present from us lot, its a really hand cool thing..

Thanks to all...

On 6/30/2019 at 9:18 AM, chuckcaley said:

Very much looking forward to mine.  I'll certainly post pics when it arrives.

Editing so as not to reply to myself :)

It arrived safely and only took a week after I paid (that's UK to USA).  That's some great service.  If anyone is on the fence about ordering one of these, I would say don't hesitate.  I'll try to power it up and post some photos later this evening.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...