IGNORED

5.25 FD Slot Media & Data Dashboard/Interface for PEB.

Omega-TI

Now that we have TIPI's, RPi's and a whole assortment of other gadgets, what about a way to display and/or interact and interface with the data or activity?  With a 3D printed design, we could all easily purchase the bezel and install it in our systems, but what information or controls would you want on your system?

Is there a possibility of making a 'new card' for the TI that could monitor multiple activities and display the information it on an LCD display?  As our boxes age, I suppose even a simple voltage meter could warn us in advance of developing power supply issues and prevent a major catastrophe.  Tossing some ideas around might lead somewhere...    

This is just an example, obviously we could not use anything this extensive.

image.thumb.png.c4931dd05637e0c3184ff26f2b6fb0e5.png

Restoration of my PEB is still on my to do list as I invested all my time in restoring my Amiga computers so far, so I did not look into all the details yet, but for now I assume all the standard voltage regulators can be replaced with modern DC-DC converters, so not sure if any temperature display would still be needed today.

• Like 2

I'm still using the original power supply in my box, so with the whisper quiet fan, I still feel more comfortable with a temp gauge.  Honestly, I'd like a better looking display, maybe both temperature and voltage indicators. 

A card slot for the RPI's SD card might be nice as well.  I've not had to access it yet, but if I had to, that would be more preferable than opening up the TI.  A power switch for the RPi might be in order too.  I keep the Rpi up 24/7, but if I ever had to shut it down, I could also switch off power and back on for a restart WITHOUT having to fumble around behind the P-Box.

Temp.PNG