IGNORED

Streaming Services That Have Been Dropped From Older Consoles

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I still have my Netflix disc for the Wii.  I wonder if that will be worth anything in the future?

I'm pretty sure anything that's netflix will be worth something in the future when people start getting nostalgic for the brand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

I still have my Netflix disc for the Wii.  I wonder if that will be worth anything in the future?

Right now it's only worth $5 to $10 but I can see it going up as time goes by. It is harder to get brand new and sealed as well do to the nature of it's purpose.

Kind of missed the bus on that one, a few years back after they had stopped sending it out, a typical pool of suckers felt it would be a rarity being the only physical copy of Netflix.  That and they figured since it wasn't given away long and that they got pulled when it finally hit their online shop it would be sought after.  They got some decent value behind them for awhile due to the usual scare people so they'll pay more window of opportunity.  Eventually people figured out you had like so many systems out there and it was mass printed and given away all over that it kind of dropped off.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, --- Ω --- said:

What's copy protection?  A good cheap screen grabber like <<THIS>> will copy EVERYTHING you can watch... in real time with a decent computer.  

Does that work reliably? I can't even take a screen cap of Netflix with my iPhone anymore, it just returns a black screen. I would think the Netflix players for Windows would similarly try to shut out things like this, especially since they're always being updated. 

Of course if you can see it, you can record it. ?

Losing Amazon on Wii U is not a huge surprise. I think my old 2012 TV can still play those videos, but it's such a slow, limited app I haven't tried it in years. 

• Like 1

Received notification this morning on my New 3DS-XL that the netflix app will be going away at the end of the month and no longer be available. However, Netflix could still be used through the online browser... so..there is the first app I'm aware of for the 3DS. The wording in fact I think stated the app would be deleted from my 3DS... that is kinda scary...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a YouTube video I came across that explains why Netflix was on a Wii & PS3 disk not but on the Xbox 360...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvP2BOnZjGM

tl;dr Netflix had an exclusive deal with Microsoft to have a digital only service on the 360, so Netflix made a disk for other consoles to increase the available devices for streaming.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:22 PM, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Received notification this morning on my New 3DS-XL that the netflix app will be going away at the end of the month and no longer be available. However, Netflix could still be used through the online browser... so..there is the first app I'm aware of for the 3DS. The wording in fact I think stated the app would be deleted from my 3DS... that is kinda scary...

Need to correct myself on this. Turns out it is the YouTube app that was discontinued and not the NetFlix app. To be fair the NetFlix app never has worked that well on my 3DS to begin with so I never used it. The YouTube notification just states to access YouTube through the 3DS browser instead.