IGNORED

Grandstand tabletop game power question

Just picked up a Grandstand Firefox F7 tabletop and it works great but instead of batteries I'd like to plug it into the wall. Only problem is the instructions say to use the Grandstand Mains Power Adapter and to flick the switch on the back of it to negative. Their quote is "Set polarity switch to negative polarity"

Can't get an official Grandstand Mains Power Adapter but the good news is I have a Universal Adapter ... now my only problem is what should the pin configuration be? Center positive or center negative. Anyone know?

Grandstand-FirefoxF7.jpg   Grandstand-MainsAdapter.jpg grandstand-mains-adapter-perfect_360_a51

Do you have a picture of the electricity input on the machine? or instructions maybe? On those older systems the center is usually negative but you never know.

Most of the time you can try reversing polarities, but some cheap electronics doesn't like it.

Not that this helps much, but when I have something like this I want to run off an adapter and don't know the polarity for it, I will take it apart and find out which part of the power jack is attached to ground on the rest of the electronics. Because ground is going to be the negative...

Also I've found that a lot of these old tabletops are able to handle some reversed polarity because putting in the batteries backwards didn't usually kill them and the batteries are putting out nearly the same voltage required for the unit to work. In fact... I wonder if the negative terminal of the battery compartment that is actually attached to a wire going into the game would also be tied to the ground or negative off the power jack as well? Hmm....

• 2 weeks later...