IGNORED

Africa by Rob Zdybel

Allan

Heart of Africa and Africa were written by two different people, I am not sure if Zdybel did either one, but I'd bet he had a copy of it in any event...

check out his podcast and see if it gets a mention...

Edited by _The Doctor__

ah according to his podcast during his house fire lots of stuff was made ash or written off destroyed.... I hoped the stuff was safe in a separate  area, and during the interview he mention he still has a few casks of hardware etc. in the barn.... thinks mice would have ruined it, I think we'd fix any chewed wires etc without issue...

Nice to see you've dug up another 'lost' title.

Edited by _The Doctor__

15 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Has anyone done Toto's Africa for Pokey? I would love to hear that.

Sorry, never heard of the game.

The song should be available in every AMS or AMS-2 collection (think I also converted it into AMP with AMS2AMP converter). The used player supports mono and stereo...

Africa_AMS.zip

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 3:02 PM, Philsan said:

It's a shame Heart of Africa hasn't be released.

Was something done?

It seems doable on A8. It would be a nice tribute to Danielle Bunten.

'Danielle' Really? HE regretted it before HE died.

The TRUTH will set us all free!

:)

• Like 2

dysphoria and dysmorphic disorders are terrible mental and physiologic issues that are no longer treated as such... unfortunately by the time a person figures all these issues out and work through things, it's often to late to deal with or reverse decisions that many feel they were cheer-leaded into. Much later in life they realize the truth is they are still having all the original issues and more. It is becoming more common to hear of such regrets especially after the individual finally gets the treatment, guidance, or help that leads to the realization, comfort and wisdom of having finally dealt with many facets of the issues that made them feel this way in the first place. Unfortunately with modern social constructs, the need to get attention, and political bs have lead to schools full of cheer leaders and followings that do not serve the individuals long term well being at all. Not much can be done until the medical community starts looking out for the people again, instead of the dollars they can make for a seeming lifetime of visits, meds, hormones, counseling, and surgeries.

Many more people whom are writing 'their story' have regretted this move and are working towards reversing what they can of the changes made.

Here's to hoping everyone get the help, or growth they need before making such a decision. Whatever way they finally choose to go.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Yup, as the Doc says, body issues that affect the mind are horrendous, as most know my daughter is affected by them and its a struggle that gets very little outside help. As for Dan / Dani, its a terrible story and does not need her memory being thrown around. RIP Dani.

Back on topic tho before I get complaints :) ...Heart of Africa for the Atari, yes it would be amazing to see it turn up for the machine it was due to be on, lets hope in one of those boxes is a little gem. Its not a bad game at all, made straight after M.U.L.E. ...

It's up on AtariMania now so that's good news. I can see where I have contraindicated against myself. In a previous conversation when asked, I all but stated it's existence by who, which was correct at the time our good friends were hunting it down. That said, my memory is indeed getting mucked up it would seem because in this thread I still indicate it as being a real thing, but was no longer sure of it's credited author. I hope my image is untarnished, lol. One of my concerns is losing knowledge, lack of recall. At least I've been helpful for a number of years. I just don't like when memory fails and allows for uncertainly to creep in or cloud up a post or a thread.

Thanks to Allen for sticking with it and making sure it was not forgotten as well as restoring some affirmation of previous conversations. All in all a good thing. (though I better get the grey matter exercised, one can only hope that if we don't use it we truly don't loose it!)

Just in case it was ambiguous to anyone, there are three completely separate things being discussed here.

1. Heart of Africa by Dan Bunten which was only released on the Commodore 64, not the Atari.

2. A song file called Africa.

3. A game by Rob Zydybel called Africa.

Allan

Don't sweat the lack or trouble in recalling, as someone looking after 2 dementia people I have found that the stress involved in looking after them actually causes mem loss or the ability to recall stuff. I find myself struggling and then just take a break and its back to normal in no time.....My initial fear was that I was also suffering from it.....Not the case...

As for your recall, well when it comes to the Atari you seem to be spot on.....Carry on being useful.... :)