IGNORED

Broken ps 2 controller?

Went back to goodwill.  Found a broken ps2 controller for 4 bucks.  I said that is too much.  So she gave it to me for 2 bucks.  I tested and it works all buttons.  Just need a new shell.  Is there any place to get a new top shell  besides ebay another broken one with good shell.  Because even on ebay used ones are expensive.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2019/06/goodwill-hunt-06-28-2019.html

37 minutes ago, CatPix said:

Maybe look for non-working PS1 dualshock pads? I'm pretty sure the insides are identical :D

DS2s have pressure sensitive buttons and so it might be a little different. I have like 6 DS2s which may be overkill. But I've owned 3 PS2s (all of them failed). I now use a fat PS3 for PS2 games and a PS1 for PS1 games (obviously). Been playing a lot of PS1 lately since I found a copy of Gekioh: Shooting King (vertical shoot em up). What I really need is an PS arcade stick. lol

• Like 1

You may be missing more than just a piece of the shell... shouldn't there also be a motor and weight in that hand grip for the rumble feature?

And @DragonGrafx-16, I'm just the opposite.  I have more PS2s than I have PS2 controllers.  lol  And because of space, I'm using one of the slim PS2s to play PS2 and PS1 games.  My PS3 won't read discs at all, so it's been a downloaded game only machine for me so far.

10 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

DS2s have pressure sensitive buttons and so it might be a little different. I have like 6 DS2s which may be overkill. But I've owned 3 PS2s (all of them failed). I now use a fat PS3 for PS2 games and a PS1 for PS1 games (obviously). Been playing a lot of PS1 lately since I found a copy of Gekioh: Shooting King (vertical shoot em up). What I really need is an PS arcade stick. lol

I was only talking about the shell, not the innards.

Tho that raise the question : are Dualshock II pads fully compatible with Dualshock? The fact you can play PS1 games on PS2 seems to point to it but maybe the PS2 has some internal converter to make DSII pads signals fully compatible for PS1 games.

Thoguh knowing Sony it's probably just that DSII functions are added on top of DS signals so there is total retrocompatibility.

3 hours ago, CatPix said:

I was only talking about the shell, not the innards.

Tho that raise the question : are Dualshock II pads fully compatible with Dualshock? The fact you can play PS1 games on PS2 seems to point to it but maybe the PS2 has some internal converter to make DSII pads signals fully compatible for PS1 games.

Thoguh knowing Sony it's probably just that DSII functions are added on top of DS signals so there is total retrocompatibility.

Yeah the DS2 is fully compatible with the PS1 and all PS1 games... but not all PS2 games will work with a DS1.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 2:15 AM, 0078265317 said:

Went back to goodwill.  Found a broken ps2 controller for 4 bucks.  I said that is too much.  So she gave it to me for 2 bucks.  I tested and it works all buttons.  Just need a new shell.  Is there any place to get a new top shell  besides ebay another broken one with good shell.  Because even on ebay used ones are expensive.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2019/06/goodwill-hunt-06-28-2019.html

I might be able to help you out.  I have several broken controllers, however there are a few revisions for the shell. They all look the same on the outside, but the back/internal part of the front shell can be different.  If you send/post a picture of the inside/underside of the front shell I can see if I have one.  I'll send it free except cost of shipping if I have one.