IGNORED

What's your favorite video game from the current gen systems

Zelda Breath of the Wild.  Restored my belief in Nintendo could not only make a good game, but a great game with the franchise.  It needed a lot of help after being as it was for overly too long and the direction they went made it that rare game that you lose hours on yet don't feel it, a game that no matter what you do there is seemingly yet more and more to find and do than you could ever assume.

• Like 1

I own a PS4. I've tried about 15 games so far and all were fun to a degree. Stuff I thought I'd like more were Dirt 4 and Wipeout, but I wasn't really finding them as fun as past iterations .  Anyway, my 2 faves  are:

Spider-man.  This was a real eye opener going from last gen and older games, and it's pretty fun with a good story, and options to explore and fight more as much as you want.

Horizon Zero Dawn.  It's 2 years older as a game but it impressed me even more than Spidey!  I can see myself playing it for many more months to come. 

I'm with Cafeman... Easily Horizon Zero Dawn impressed me the most on my current gen of stuff I own. I did like BOTW (I have it for WiiU), but after not figuring out how to defeat the camel desert boss (My second boss in the game), I lost interest and gave up playing it. Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't easier by any means, but it gives you so many more options for experimenting that it is constantly engaging in its game play. And the fact that while you do have to craft your own ammo in HZD you don't have to worry about your weapons breaking and the materials for crafting ammo are so plentiful in HZD that I never really felt I was at a disadvantage.

I also really got into Ni no Kuni II but it didn't impress me as much as HZD did. There could be more that impress me more as my PS4 library isn't that large and I've quite quite backlog of stuff to play still.

Tough question for me. 

The last time I can think of having a favorite on a console was probably Mario Cart 64 on the N64. Maybe Crackdown on XB360, which surprised me. XBone?  Err.. uhh... Well, I play Destiny 2 a lot.  But that's because it's a brother's favorite modern console game.  And I used to play Wildlands and/or Division a lot, but that was because they were another (step)brother's favorite game.

At this point I'd probably give up console gaming and move strictly to PC--if I could get those two to play anything other than Company of Heroes 2 (we usually play a game or two on weekends).

• Like 1

For me, it's a toss up between Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3, both for PS4.  HZD is definitely more fluid in terms of gameplay but there is something about the expansiveness of The Witcher 3 that I really love. Also, Geralt.  

I have also been impressed with some of the PSVR offerings. In particular, I liked Rebellion's update of Battlezone and the platformer Moss.  VR isn't quite there yet but the really made gaming feel fresh again. 

It's hard to pick just one..

Bloodborne, which got me into the Dark Souls series.   I spent a lot of time this generation playing one of those games

Don't Starve - fun, addictive survival game

Dreams - I know it's Early Access, but I like to create things and the possibilities with this are endless

No Man's Sky-  It's come a long way since its shaky launch.  

• 3 weeks later...

Im playing it on PC but its on consoles too. Dying Light is my current obsession. I finally bought it on GOG when it was on sale a month or so ago. Its one of those rare games that suck me in and nothing else matters during that time. There is just so much to do youll never get bored and the graphics look incredible for 2015. It definitely has its challenging moments but you always feel rewarded when you conquer them. 

I love Earth Defense Force 5. It's fun, easy to pick up and play and as kitschy as it gets. It's also good two-player fun (play it nearly every night with my oldest). There might be games I critically like more, but no game over the last few months has garnered more of my play time, and that's what really counts.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is definitely up there. It's one of the few games I have to force myself to quit.

Elite Dangerous is another one I played the crap out of when I had home internet. I wish there was an offline mode, though I may get Helium Rain as a replacement.

Resident Evil 2 Remake and 7 restored my faith in Capcom and something much needed after what Konami did to Silent Hills.

Alien Isolation gave me the most terrifying experience and just really made me feel I was in the Alien universe.

There's quite a few indie games for PC I love. Dusk is one of those great first person shooter throwback games without any clunkiness. Duskers is one of the most unique games I've played and I love the atmosphere. Lost in Vivo is one of the most atmospheric horror games I've played and recommend everyone check it out.

Edited by xenomorpher

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Most beautiful graphics I ever seen. Not in terms of realism but style. Stealth emphasis that pays homage to Rambo, non linear gameplay that requires thinking just like the classic games. Nearly flawless.

Spider-Man is definitely another strong title. Very fun to play and while the combat can be repetitive and flawed at times, it is very addictive.

Dead or Alive 5 and 6. Very enjoyable fighters that I think no fighter this gen comes close to.

Wolfenstein The New Order. Fun fps title. Skipping Young Blood though.

Sonic Mania. How can I forget about this beautiful title. The true Sonic 4 fans demanded for decades. After so much disappointments and let downs, Mania is what redeems the franchise. Just a shame that Forces came out after.

Mario Kart 8 gets last pick. Best racer I have currently played. CTR is fun but I find it to lack replay value.