IGNORED

Wico Command Control grommets

reverendshoebox

Hey all.

So, one of my precious Wico Command Control joysticks recently started getting all floppy-like, and upon disassembly I discovered it was because the rubber in the grommet had hardened and come apart.

It looks like there were replacements for these made a few years ago but they're out of stock pretty much everywhere.  Someone has "new old stock" on eBay but I suspect these will have (or will soon have) the same issue, and they're a bit pricey.

Has anyone here had any luck finding a replacement for these recently?  I'm contemplating trying to rebuild the rubber part with Sugru.  This seems like a desperate measure, but pointing at the broken grommet and screaming isn't helping.

Thanks,

-=ShoEboX=-

• Haha 1

Sorry I can't help you with your issue but you made me laugh with your last statement 

"pointing at the broken grommet and screaming isn't helping"

I don't like in the least when something I have breaks and there is no means to repair it.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Midway-Joystick-Centering-Grommet/174274812695

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wico-joystick-grommet-for-Atari-Williams-and-Konami-games/174192232555

I got some similar or exactly like this in 2017 , but I cannot check my purchase history in Ebay before 2018. These are new

Edited by manterola