IGNORED

So that is what Platnium White is supposed to look like

This is me at age 15 playing Mario Bros. on the IIc in 1984.  Please note:  OP shorts, CH Joystick, Scribe Printer, and that big black thing to my left is my clear black acrylic locking disk box!  This was my after school life for 3+ years of high school until I met my first girlfriend.

apple2c -2.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, nice. I've always been surprised that I don't have a single photo of myself with my IIc from when I first got it in 1985; I spent so much time with that computer and loved it so much, I'd have thought my mom would have documented it. But yeah, I do remember the color looking like that. Of course, now mine (which I still have) is basically New York Taxi orange.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, airsoftmodels said:

This is me at age 15 playing Mario Bros. on the IIc in 1984.  Please note:  OP shorts, CH Joystick, Scribe Printer, and that big black thing to my left is my clear black acrylic locking disk box!  This was my after school life for 3+ years of high school until I met my first girlfriend.

OP shorts - that brings back some suppressed memories! Just pop over to Mervyn's or Miller's Outpost and see the latest styles!

Also, Mario Bros! The Apple II version is probably the version I've played the most. It was a surprisingly well-done port.

• Like 1

I never had the NES, which came out around this time, and had the same-ish CPU, and cost 6 times less than the IIc.

But with games like Drol, Beyond Castle Wolfenstein, Kings Quest I, II, and III, Championship Lode Runner, and Conan,

not to mention Infocom's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and graphic adventure games like Masquerade and Sherwood Forest...

on a 9" monochrome green screen, who needs Nintendo?  : )

But in 1994, ten years after getting the Apple IIc, I gave it away FREE to my co-worker who mentioned he had 4 kids, and their computer got stolen.

Ok, it wasn't the most modern PC at the time, but it came with hundreds of floppy disks filled with the best games the Apple II had to offer.

I had recently purchased the SNES (perhaps I should have gotten the IIgs, Amiga, or even the ST)  and I was busy playing SF2 and Prince of Persia.

That was when the industry was crashing, Atari was splitting, and projects were being shed left and right, even projects that were complete or close to it.

I read somewhere, probably on these forums, that the programmer for Apple II Mario Bros. took advantage of the pirated release becoming so popular, listing it on his resume.

• Like 1