IGNORED

Identify this card repost from reddit

Perhaps a tidbit from this newsletter offers a suggestion?

Some of you may remember a company called A/D electronics, out of Sacramento, California. They produced a control card which allowed sampling of environmental data through an 8-bit analog-to-digital controller. This device allowed hookups of many items, such as temperature probes, light transducers, etc. and was mainly used as a scientific device. Some possible uses included home control, because it also contained a real-time battery backed clock. Plus, there were separate digital inputs and outputs., for switches and relays, respectively. My main use for the A/D card, FIRST ADE, is a mouse. The RADIO SHACK color mouse contains two potentiometers turned by a rolling motion of the mouse. The potentiometers, when interfaced with the ADC0809 chip, (two channels, x and y) gives me mouse control with TI ARTIST. I wrote the DSR myself, and have been using this device for about a year and a half. The MBP clock card is a similar device, although it does not contain a digital input or output array. The ADE card, however, could also switch external relays, or sample data on 16 lines (8 in, 8 out). If timing was correct, an 8-bit parallel interface was possible. I still use this card, and the clock is handy for keeping my p-system master disk up-to date.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mike Maksimik had one of those. It was an A/D card with battery backed up time clock (similar to the MBP card). I believe Mike wrote routines to interface mice and routines to set the data and time for the p-system.
d.

• Like 1